i took chantix and am no longer a smoker. I experienced a feeling of well being and continued to take chantix longer than the 90 day period.
i only took 1 bue pill, as that was all i needed to curb my 30 year or more
cigarette habit. i did not experience more than mild stomach discomfort and that was moderated by taking the pill after a meal and with water.

Now, i ask any reader if you can offer any help to me. I have a problem not taking 1/2 a bue chantix. It is determentat to my state of mind and
spirit. I tried successfully to wean down and went from 1 blue pill daily
to 1/2 daily. for two weeks. After that, i tried 1/3 a pill and had an
emotional surge of overwhelming sadness, i mean 1 minute , i was singing to music and TWO seconds later, i was crying for no apparent
reason. The best thing i can think of is that i have to stay on this dosage longer before i go to a lower amount. So far, it has been a month and i am not willing to suffer the " nuts-ness" that chantix withdrawl seems
to cause. I am not a doctor, and , while i am glad that i am no longer a smoker, i do not know how to successfully stop taking the "cure"
of chantix. It seems to me that enough research was not done, prior
to this " miracle cure", but , that not withstanding, ANY ADVISE OR ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS PROBLEM? I have tried to naturally increase the dopomine in my head by walking and ilncreased exercise,
but i seem emotionally dependent on 1/2 a bue chantix now and do
not know how to cease this and not expereince the emotional blitze

O

I was an over 30 years smoker, I just couldn't curb the habit in 90 days went 120 days and had the same feeling as you are. Went to the doctor and he put me on Zoloft 25mg and I don't have those over whelming feelings anymore. Hope this helps.

4-6 months quit, still on Chatix(now 3 yrs later)...I was in SUCH a grey funk, nothing was fun anymore...took Wellbutrin for a month it pulled me outta that gray funk...now take Sam-e fairly regular---it helps a lot..was on sale at Walgreens last week, buy 1 get one free..

What I MEANT to say , Is Im 3 years quit, but tapered off Chantix around 5-6 months

I DID experience some sadness while STILL ON Chantix, and took Wellbutrin when I was in a gray zone ...but that was at least a month after I quit Chantix

I haven't experienced any withdrawal from Chantix. Although I didn't take it for the recommended time. I only took it for about a 45 days and had no problems coming off it. I'm just relieved I don't have as much gas and I can finally go to the bathroom regularly.. which is mostly why I came off it early. But only on it for 45 days and I'm still smoke free, and I was a 2 pack a day smoker :-)