I'm starting chantix tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it. Can anyone tell if they used it did you gain alot of weight on it. I have read some post where people gained alot of weight while taking chantix. I called chantix's 800 number they said there is nothing about any weight gain. Can anybody ask my question.

Thankyou
Linda

Hi Linda, I took chantix for 11 days, And quit smoking. I continued to take the chantix for another week. I have been without cigs for 14 days now. I joined a gym just in case of weight gain. I have been walking 15- to 20 mins on the treadmill and doing low impact machine. crunches abbs and leg presses. lifting 3lbs weights. Total workout time 30 mins 4 to 5 days a week. So far I have lost 2lbs :)) No weight gain yet! All the best to you!!

Thats a good strategy, to do exercise..I didnt except for an occasional bike ride, and gained 20 pounds my second month, gained another 10 over 3 to 4 months, leveled off, gradually lost that 10, but didnt lose that 20 till YEARS later, working in a job thats more physically demanding...lifting, moving, walking, etc....losing a final 10 this spring, not eating fast food to get to my ideal wgt range