Hello everyone. My friend has a bipolar boyfriend and she really doesn't know what to do anymore about this. I mean, she have tried almost everything but she confessed me that it is very hard for her to deal with his condition. 

She told me that lately he has a lot of mood swings and she can't stand this anymore. Of course, she doesn't want to leave him because she loves him and she believes that she can help him. I don't want to ruin her dreams, trust me. I want to know Is Bipolar Disorder Really the Cause of Your Mood Swings?

Hi there.

It definitely can be.  People's mood can be fine in the morning, for example. In the other part of the day something maybe is going to piss you off and you can become angry, for no reason or with a reason. Also, you can become very irritable or sad during the other parts of the day.  

This can happen to anyone who has some mental issues, but it also affects bipolar people very often. It is hard to deal with it. I just can't even know how your friend feels about this because bipolar people can't stand themselves, I don't want to talk about the rest of the world...

Trust me, I don't even know how she is able to deal with this whole situation. One day he is amazing to her and the next day, when she came back from her job, he was not there. He hasn't even left the message, he hasn't told her anything. And than, he is back after four days telling her that he loves her and that he can't be without her. 

In the morning he is waking her up for work, with coffee and breakfast prepared, and when she is home he is angry and all he wants to do is to fight with her...

Yes, he is definitely showing the symptoms of some kind of disorder. You are saying that he is bipolar, so that is it. Also, those “up and down” behaviors and highly reactive mood, that he obviously has, which has been consistently this way throughout the majority of a patient’s lifetime, is consistent with the symptomatic of a personality disorder. In his case, that is bipolar disorder. Personality disorders are chronic and unyielding patterns of thought and behavior. I think that from all disorders, bipolar is the worst because it can last for weeks and the behavior of the patient can be really irritable. 

There is no other reason for this, his mood swings are definitely caused by bipolar disorder. I would recommend your friend not to choose guys who are suffering from bipolar disorder, it is very hard and it is pointless, if you want me to be honest, there is a 100% chance that she is going to end up being hurt, it is like a certainty. These people are fighting themselves, they don't know what they want and he is likely to just run away from her at some point and cheat on her no matter how good their relationship seems to be.

I have to agree with Guest here, I have nothing against people with bipolar disorder, they didn't choose to be like that but I would recommend everyone to avoid these people if they don't want to get hurt. I was in a similar situation so I know how it feels and how it always ends. People used to tell me what I am telling you now but I didn't believe them, no, I was smarter. Well, I learned on my own experience so that people now can learn on my experience as well rather then be hurt and learn on their own.

Mood swings are a common thing when it comes to bipolar disorder, it is one of the main symptoms that makes bipolar disorder "famous". But this doesn't only happen to people who are suffering from bipolar disorder, it also happens to people who are suffering from depression and anxiety, it just happens a lot often in bipolar people.

I wouldn't recommend her to date this guy either but you know, when people want to do something, you can rarely talk them out of doing it. So if she wants to try it, she can, nothing bad can happen except that her feelings will be hurt.