Quit January 2010 - with Chantix. No longing for cigarettes - however, health problems I never had are now present. Allergies - big time - allergic to everything they tested for. Never had a problem before. Bloat - big problem - feel 9 months pregnant. I have reduced and recorded food intake and incorporated a heavy exorcise routine. Acid Reflux. Weight gain, which I expected to some degree, but not this much - 23 lbs on a 5'1" frame - size 6 to size 12 with everything in the abdomen. I never weighed this much before - even while pregnant. Cholesterol medication now (I've been keeping it at bay with exercise and diet)- more medication than I have ever taken in my life. Short of breath. No cigarettes, however, no desire, although they still smell good, second hand.

Everyone says give it 6 months - I can do that. I don't know that I can take more than 6 months of feeling the way that I feel right now. I do not believe it to be depression. I believe it is the physical effects of cigarette withdrawal, Chantix, who knows? And I've had gall bladder disease from the age of 7 - removed at 25. I'm think I'm pretty hardy.

Takes me to a sci-fi flick, where people from the future smoke because they can't live in the atmosphere without corrupting their lungs. I'm there.
Forks

6 months after I quit, I tapered off Chantix, taking it for 6 months,,,but the smell of any second-hand smoke smelled like insecticide to me...cant stand it around me

I experienced a real lot of bloating. I was only on chantix for 45 days and came off of it because of the constipation and gas. I've only been off of it for 2 weeks now and I have a little bit relief and weight gain, but I'm hoping with more time I will feel less of it.