First of all, I believe Chantix is a MIRACLE drug. Thank you Thank you!!! I was (notice the word was) a heavy smoker for 30 years. Smoked a pack and a half a day since college. My husband too and we really enjoyed those smokes. Darn. I've tried all of the smoking cessation products and programs out there and nothing ever stuck. Our kids were SO darn mad at us...it was awful. Last year, My mother-in-law died from COPD (caused by smoking) and we watched her slowly suffocate to death. It was horrifying and I promised her on her death bed that we would both quit.

SO I tried Chantix (my husband did cold turkey) and to date we haven't smoked for 75 days! Yea! My kids are SO proud of us. They call me everyday to find out how we're doing.

BUT...I've been slowly weaning myself off the Chantix and find that it is kinda hard. Each time I cut down on the dosage, I experience some moderate to severe withdrawal symptoms. Is that normal?? I'm down to a 1/4 pill a day but can't quite seem to totally eliminate the pill altogether. My kids tell me to take the pill for the rest of my life if that's what is needed but obviously I don't want to do that. I guess my question is how long does this go on? Can I eventually get off this pill and NOT smoke. I'm done with smoking both in my mind and body but hate these mental "wars" going on in my head when I try to stop the pills. Help!

PS. My husband who did cold turkey is doing great. He has NO issues but went through the worst two weeks in his life trying to quit. But it was worth it for him, he has zero withdrawal symptoms now. Lucky Duck!

Well that's good=) I'm happy for you, fight the urges=)