I'm going to talk to a counselor soon, but I just need to vent a little.

My anger lately has been out of control. I started yelling at my girlfriend yesterday over something really stupid and miniscule and we went for eight hours without talking to each other. Finally, while we were laying in bed, I gave in and hugged her. I started crying uncontrolabley and I could not stop. After I stopped I told her I was hungry and she asked me where I wanted to go eat and while I was thinking about it, I just started crying again.

I feel angry all the time and if I'm not angry, I'm depressed and feel antisocial and worthless.

I have never thought about hurting ANYONE--except myself--during these anger and depression attacks.

I'm so scared I may be bipolar. I know there are ways to deal with it, but I just didn't want it to be me. I didn't want to be that person in my family who has some sort of mental illness.

Will people think less of me if I am bipolar?

Please, any advice would be comforting.

Thanks,

LinZ

LinZ i can definatly say that I will not think less of you.

My step mom is bipolar. You just seem angry and actually a lot of people have it. My step mom is taking medication. It usually controls your mood swings. I think to that it may be a little stress. I mean like when you were around me today you were so happy and you didn't seem bipolar at all. As long as you try to stay happy no one will notice it. I think that no one will think less because of that. I definatly know that I wont

tRaViS love ya!!

Celebrity
Clearly therapy could do you some good right now but I would not jump to the conclusion that you are bi-polar so fast. You didn't even describe any manic episodes in your post which are just as big a part of bi-polar disorder. You may very well just be suffering from anxiety and depression which can be helped with some effort on your part quite fast and easily without meds through cognitive behavioral therapy or cbt.

It doesn't seem like you have Bipolar Disorder. I think you are just going through a difficult time in your life. A Psychologist will be able to help you organize your thoughts and understand how you think. Hopefully this will guide you to making better decisions and an increased quality of life overall.

Celebrity
I hope you have taken our advice and gotten some help. Let us know?

Yes. I had already scheduled an appointment with someone after I made this post. I really jumped to conclusions. I believe my previous post was written out of frustration and anger--because of the fight my girlfriend and I had just gotten over. I just have some anger issues. They are stemming from me not truly being happy with myself. I'm ok. We are ok. Thank you for checking in!!

--LinZ

Celebrity
healthfreak88 wrote:

--LinZ

That's all great to hear LinZ! Take care and let me know if you ever need any more advice etc? :D

Celebrity
Hey LinZ,

How's your life going now? I hope you are well :-)

I think I might be on the same page you were. I'm glad you're not bipolar. But I serious think I am. When I was a kid I always had tantrums then cried then would be fine. For a while my issues had seemed to stop. Now I'm 23. I have an incredible husband I love more than life. And we have 2 beautiful daughters. Our youngest is only 5 months old but my drastic mood swings started again while I was pregnant with her.
I used to shrug off my mood swings as just being pregnancy hormones. But they don't go away. All week I've been extremely excited. Its about to be my husbands and my 1 year anniversary. We've been making plans talking about buying a house... But then there's times when I just break. I get really short tempered and frustrated. I try to tell a story and keep having to stop. I feel like my thoughts are moving to fast for me. Then tonight I got so so angry and upset. It wasn't even about anything important. I started throwing things and hitting doors and walls. I don't feel normal. When people call me crazy even if its just a joke and I know it I get so so angry. I'm afraid they're right. What if I am Crazy.

For as long as I can remember my mom hasn't wanted to get me tested for being bipolar or manic depressive. Apparently her mother was and she was on medications for it.

I finally got done fighting with my husband maybe 30 minutes ago. We had been fighting for almost 3 hours and the only reason we stopped is because he was tired and has to work early.

Maybe some advice would help me. I feel so lost and confused. But I am DEFINITELY calling my doctor in the morning then I'll see where to go from there. This has been going on for too too long. Thanks for listening. I really needed to vent.
Ashley.

Hi Ashley

First of all I think your quite brave facing your fears, I think you should talk to you mum about your gran, my dad has bipolar and I was 15 whe he was diagnosed now I am 31, it was really hard for me at that age I do believe he had it since he was young, I am now taking my son to the doctors he is 8yrs and I have concerns for him just wondered what age do you think you had your symtoms began? I do think you should get yourself checked out not only for you but your family aswell so they can get support, you live with it but so do they.

Emma

Celebrity
There really is no downside in getting checked out and possibly a pretty good upside regardless what you find out :-)

I think I might be bipolar idk I dnt wanna go to a Dr. Well I did go to 1 and he diagnosed me with post traumatic stress disorder I'm scared they will lable me and then that would affect me seing my daughter ...but do I tell him doc I think I'm bipolar I'm always thinking to much and lil things tick me off I've been punchin holes in my moms walls for lil things I jst get so pissed off I think I jst need anger management but times I be koo I dnt kno its annoyin idk it faustratin at times. Feel like its me against the world I'm scared I might hurt sum1 I get so mad that I feel breakin sumthin or throwin something saves who ever is in my way .... I never was like this I think it has sumthin to do from when I was shot cause now I'm jst mad or calm. But like depressed I dnt wanna leave my house I'm scared lots and most of the time and I think that's was causing me to get so mad so much I wanna do but to scared to do it its preventin me from doin things with my daughter she wants to do so much but I feel like there so lil I can do I feel in not only hurtin myself but my family to cause they deal with me .... I'm scared of meds I'm worried about not beable to see my daughter idk I jst kno I think to much

Celebrity
If it is PTSD, CBT can help but if it is bi-polar you will probably need meds. Try and get an accurate diagnosis and once you do you will be able to deal more effectively with what is causing your problems.

Hi HealthFreak88, I am glad your not Bipolar, good for you. :D

Over the past 8/9 months, I have noticed a few symptoms of Bipolar Disorder in myself. e.g., lashing out at my sister for a cup of coffee, then apologising for it and crying, then feeling alright, then going back all over again. But Sadly, in September 2009, My Aunty passed away of a Massive Heart Attack, I think somehow this has also affected my well-being. I have been struggling to cope with her death recently, especially as it is her 57th Birthday tomorrow, I am nervous and anxious about how my moods will turnout.

Hope all continues to go well for you.

P.S. Best Wishes for me & everyone else

Thanks
E.Carberry

E.carberry,

I hope you are coping well. It is never easy to deal with loss... especially when a loved one is involved :'(