What are your opinions about herbs for cancer treatment? I have a close friend who was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer, and she is considering treating her cancer with herbs. I won't comment on my on views, but I would like to hear from medical professionals. Is there any point in using a herbal cancer treatment, or is that irresponsible?

I battled breast cancer three years back, and the Chinese herbs that I used to counter the side effects of my chemotherapy treatment were a godsend. During my first session, before I had the Chinese herbs, I had an extremely hard time dealing with the chemo. I would warmly suggest to anyone currently battling cancer to seek relief from chemo side effects through herbs.

Thank you for your answer, but I was looking for opinions and experiences on the treatment of the cancer, and not just getting pain relief or relief from the side effects of chemotherapy treatment. I understand that some people do try and pull this off, and I would appreciate hearing your opinion on that too!