so i was sitting here on the computer and out of nowhere my chest hurt really bad my hands were almost shaking and it hurt to breath....it subsided more and more every few seconds and now it hurts with certain movements and breaths in and out, deep breaths i should say....slightly sore to the touch in the upper sternum area..

ive been working out alot lately, and when i do dips, my sternum has hurt pretty bad, almost like a tearing feeling....what do you think do i need to see a dr and have some xrays taken?

no, that happens to a lot of people

Well,
The problem with sitting in front of the computer for a log time is that your posture is not correct and your chest can suffer as much as your back can. In my opinion this happens because your chest is compressed and you have much harder time to bread. Have you had any injuries in the chest region in past several months? I know that people can have long effects from some injuries. I think that it would be a good idea to see your doctor in order to run some tests at the hospital to see if everything is fine with your sternum. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,
Nelie