MY SEAT BELT STOPPED ME COLD WHEN I HAD AN ACCIDENT HOWEVER THE PAIN IN MY CHEST AND SHOULDERS IS INTENSE, FIRST STARTING IN MY CHEST THEN MOVING TO MY OUTER CHEST AND SHOULDERS IS THIS NORMAL OR ?

Hi mick, i had the same thing as you its normal to have it after a accident when i had my car accident that happens lucky for us we had seat belts dont stop wearing them , i hope you got checked out by a hospital and things are ok, i suggest like i did go to your gp to get a follow up.

hope your ok

donna

Well,
You have to understand that every time that you have an accident your seatbelt will make your chest hurt after, because all your body is presses on your chest which is stopped by the seatbelt. There is not much that you can do regarding this pain. You can use some painkillers to try to ease the pain. If you have broken any of your ribs your pain will be worse and you should have a scan at the hospital to see if everything is alright. Have you has any bruises on the chest? Try to rest as much as you can in order to get rid of this pain as soon as you can.

All the best,
Nelie

I have the same thing now. We had our accident 2 weeks ago. I have a broken leg but the chest pain makes it very hard to navigate or sleep. I try to sleep sitting up. noting seems to help it and i read on here it could take a year or more to heal. I do not think i can take it that long. Jean