I was playing at a football game last night when i tackled a player, i think his helmet went into my sternum. i felt pain but not a large amount of it. it hurt more about 1 1/2 hours later. espicially when i exhaled. does that mean that it is fractured or is there any area around there that could just be bruised. and if it is fractured or even broken would i be able to tell by the shape of my chest.

Maybe broken sternum? Do you hear yourself? You feel pain and still, you haven't do anything to see what exactly has happened. Weird.

My son had the same injury like you did. He is playing rugby and two of them jumped at him, hurting his chest. He was replaced immediately because he felt such an abnormal pain. 

We took him to the doctor and he diagnosed my son with a broken sternum. The worst thing was that he felt this pain after two months...He told us that this pain is even worse. 

You sometimes can't tell by the shape of your chest is it broken or not...

The doctor needs to do some tests.

GL 

Same thing happened to me. I was wrestling and my friend ran into my sternum with his shoulder. After i felt pain. I was wondering the same, if its a bruise or not

Hallo,
I am not sure if you will have a deformity on your chest but I know that there is a good chance that your sternum got broken. However your pain would be unbearable so I think that you would most likely be in a hospital by now. The problem here is you have broken sternum is that you might have internal bleeding as well if you don’t see any injuries on your skin. Are you able to touch your sternum? You should apply some ice on your chest and see will the pain get any easier. If ice doesn’t help with the pain I think that you should then see a doctor to a x ray scan of your chest.