I slipped while goofing around doing a very ridiculous stretch. (a tricep press on the counter, 4' high, with my legs on a refrigerator, 7' high). My arms swung through a rapid full forward rotation and i managed to land on my feet and hands, saving my coccyx from taking intense impact as well. Instantly i had great pain in the area of my sternum as well as the cartilage/muscles connecting the ribs there. It's been two weeks and has not improved much. It is very painful to lay on my sides (which is virtually impossible for me to avoid when sleeping), or to make my chest concave through any movement. (Although expanding my chest/arching my back causes no pain at all.) If standing/sitting and curving my chest in, the pain is amplified if i then curve my spine forward as well, letting my upper torso hang a little. Getting into or out of a laying down position also causes sharp pains in the area. When I cough it hurts a lot as well. Unlike many sternum injuries however, breathing is not painful. I fear I may have cracked/hairline fractured my sternum and/or torn the cartilage connecting my ribs. (it doesn't feel like torn muscles, and does not seem to be healing as such). Does anyone have advice as to what may be injured, and what i can do to aid my recovery? Anything is helpful! (I'm in Thailand and can't talk to many people about it) Thanks so much!

im not for sure but it could always be a pulled muscel.they feel like something worse.i hope that its not anything bad . good luck

I have the exact same symptoms! I've had it for years and no doctors know what to do about it but to take anti inflammatory drugs. I don't want to live with this forever but it's looking that way