Few months ago I fell from my bike and I broke my leg and elbow.
Injuries were very hard and because of that I was laying in my bed for over than two months.
After and even during my rehabilitation period I felt some discomfort during my normal respiratory movement. My breathing was very painful but my doctor didn’t pay too much attention on it because his primary goal was to take care injuries on my extremities.
My father told me that I should contact my doctor again to check what this could be because, my father said, it could be sternum injury.
How can I recognize sternum injury? Is it something serious?

Well, I can tell you that your father could be right especially if you fell on your chest.
Broken sternum is a very serious condition and, in that case, hospitalization is necessary. Sternum is a bone with very delicate localization. Sternum is very important because it keeps heart and lungs from injury.
It is very rarely broken but in a case of fracture there are some complications of it.
Worst complication is lung atelectasis, condition where broken part of sternum can end up in lung causing atelectasis. Less serious complication is your complication where it can cause difficulties with breathing.
My advice for you is to seek medical help immediately to prevent any other possible complication. You will stay in bed for two weeks more and after that you can jump to your bike like nothing happened.

Look, I totally agree that you need to seek for quick help when something like this happens to you. Sternum fracture can be really dangerous and if you don't treat it on time serious things can happen. Good thing is that surgical fixation for sternal fractures is generally unnecessary. 

You can hear that this is nothing dangerous, but I repeat - if you don't treat it on time, some possible complications can happen. Those complications may arise from associated injuries. That is why it is very important to contact your doctor, orthopedist, etc. 

Hope you will heal well and soon!

]Hmm. I think

my sternum broke and i have no problems and my doctor says to not do anything physical or sports. she said to go see an orthepedics so i'm going.