I am in pain frequently due to the herniated discs in my neck. Many times
I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Last spring (before being diagnosed w/ hern discs) I went through cardiac tests, which ruled out
heart problems. Now, I am wondering if that pain could be from the discs, since I have a lot of pain in my left shoulder blade.

Has anyone experienced this?

I started to experience unexplained left side chest pain 18 months ago. My doctor has sent me to cardiologists, gastroenterologists, physical therapists, sport med docs and neurologists - none of which found any cause. I've had CT scan and all kinds of blood work done - all negative.
Finally after an MRI I've found that I have herniated disks at c4-c5 and c6-c7. Surgery is not a good option so I'm getting cercival traction therapy and physical therapy. Too early to tell whether it's working.

I am 33 years old and started having chest pain and pain and numbness in my left arm. I was told not to worry about it being my heart. After numerous doctors and scans, an MRI showed herniated disk at c5 c6 and bulging disks at c4c5 and c6c7. I have been doing physical therapy, traction and steroid injections since December. Have had some relief. I have also had swelling in my neck on the left side as well.