I have had left arm pain (6-10), left hand pain, numbness and tingling, neck/upper back pain and almost constant headache for about 6 wks. I've had three whiplash accidents since I was 16 (now 42). The BIG ONE -snow skiing accident when I was 23. I have had constant neck pain and headaches progressively since then, but the arm and hand problems have only occured since I started a job serving (new job...was working at a desk prior to that) for 8-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. Almost immediately upon starting this new job (abt 2 mos ago) my neck pain and headaches became even worse. My left arm (tray arm) became almost "frozen" from the shoulder down. It came on pretty quick and hasn't gone away.

I had an XRAY (showed cervical stenosis, bone spurs) then an MRI (showed two bulging discs at C6 and C7). I also have a straight neck which curves backward near the base of my neck. This probably causes my chronic muscle problems and headaches?

Neurosurgeon examination showed diminished reflexes in my left arm, but because I am experiencing pain, numbness and tingling in all my fingers (feels like my entire hand most of the time, but I feel it all the time near the little finger side of the hand) the neurosurgeon seemed to think maybe not caused by the bulging discs, etc. He said maybe a nerve compression in the elbow area, but he didn't know for sure. He put me on a week of Prednisone. Said he could do surgery to remove the two discs and fuse C5-7.

I have taken the Prednisone with no lasting difference in my symptoms. After at least 6 wks, in constant pain and now my upper back muscles are knotted up.

Could this be a pinched nerve from somewhere other than my neck? Or some kind of problem from overuse?

Thank you for any advice you can give!

ohh WoW my heart goes out to you sorry got no advise but hella sympathy... plus perhaps a new career using other than those body parts is in order

I as well had 3 whiplash car accidents ..;-( Ive always had neck pain just lived with it,,,but the past 2 years have gotten worse.I am almost with a pounding headache every day.my fingers & feet are always burning with a numbing sensation!! .I have a bulging disc in my neck & 4 herniated discs in my lower back.. I started a new job as well.I was told by Doc.customer service sitting in a chair all day is the worse job!! I think unfortunately any job is going to hurt.I now go to pain management.I have to work,so the medicine helps me deal with every day life.I am a single Mom so no time to lay down & relax!!.I am also going for disability.??!!.Maybe you can do the same?? I wish you the best of luck!! I had a nerve test done & I have nerve damage in my hands & forearms ..sounds like unfortunately you have the same??!! I would ask the Doc.for nerve damage examination.Its an annoying test they give you little bursts of electricity that makes your nerves jump a bit.Very annoying test !! I wanted to punch the guy right in the nose every time he did it!! ;-) but at least now Im not going crazy & I now know why my hands & feet burn & go dumb.I had a lot of tests done b4 that and no one seemed to know why ?? Hope this helped a liitle??Best of luck to you!!