Hello! My six months old baby son has developed red anal rash, and I suppose it is very itchy as he has been very irritated since he has developed it. Is there anything I could do, buy a powder or something to make this rash go away. Thank you! Please, can you answer asap, I can’t watch my baby suffer!

Hello there! You need to take your child to a doctor to see what this rash is all about. It is probably some sort of an allergy. But you certainly need to know what sort of allergy, so that you can prevent it, and treat your child. Don’t wait any more. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for doctors to diagnose it.

Well,
How long has this been lasting? The fact is that this reminds me of pinworms. Pinworms are small intestine worms that are often found in babies. The worms can be seen wiggling around the anus and in the stool. Have you noticed anything like this? On the other hand red skin around your toddler's anus could be the result of irritation from diaper rash, diarrhea. Have you noticed if your son has diarrhea? However you can try to clean this and try to use babies powder, but if this condition last too long you will need to take your son to the doctor and maybe he can suggest better treatment method. I hope this helped.

Good luck,
Karel