Hello, folks. I have noticed recently that I have sensitive itchy eyes and a runny nose. At first I thought it was common cold, but I am not sure any more. I don’t know what could be causing this condition of mine. Does anyone know? I would really appreciate all your help. Thanks.

Hi, there. I think you might have seasonal or allergic rhinitis. You have typical symptoms. Nose is running like crazy. I guess you never drop your handkerchiefs out of your hand. Your eyes are red and itchy. They are tearful as well. These are symptoms that appear when pollen appears. It is usually in early spring. People can have headaches, but I see this is not your case. You should go to ENT specialist. He will prescribe you a proper therapy.

Well the things that you explained in your post sound to me as an allergy. Do you know if you are allergic to anything? I sometimes have this problem but it goes away after a day. I don’t have cold but my eyes just itch and I have a runny nose for a day. That’s all. I don’t use any treatment because it goes away after one day. How long have you been like this? Have you changed your washing powder? I know some people can be allergic to this change. I think the best option for you would be to do an allergy test to find the underling cause of your eye itchiness and runny nose.

All the best,
Karel

hi,

it seems like an allergy reaction.

if i play with cat then i started to have runny nose and my eyes will turn red.

it also happened to those who had resdung.

Hi I also thought I was coming down with a cold as itchy eyes usually precedes this. That was five months ago and I'm still suffering with the same symptons. Its the wrong time of year for Hay Fever so don't know whether I have developed an 'all year round allergy' or something else. Driving me nuts as I can't wear mascara without ending up looking like a clown as I'm rubbing my eyes all the time. Also have a blocked tear duct in my right eye which is continuosly dripping.

Best wishes,

Maureen