I have treated a pinworm infection with several different recommended meds (pyrantel, mebendazole, albendazole) with the correct timing between each one, and was wondering why I am still having slight itching and tingling feelings throughout the day? Before treatment it was itching at night and would even wake me up. After treatment it has been completely random, and more mild. Is it possible that I am reacting to the toxins the dying pinworms are producing, or could it be a nerve reaction that is similar in feeling to what the symptoms were before? I haven't heard of this occurring after pinworm treatment, but after a month now, and careful cleaning and daily laundry, I am having these prolonged sensations.

Thanks...

THIS WORKED FOR ME
I had mites on me for a couple weeks that I could not get rid of.

I got rid of them from my hair and face by using white vinegar. However, they kept coming back. Especially to my vagina and anus area. And the vinegar gave me yeast on my skin (made it a bit red, itchy, irritated) so i don't recommend vinegar! It is a yeast fermented product and contains yeast.

What finally worked for me to keep them from coming back, was I rubbed my skin with hydrogen peroxide (this got rid of the itchy redness from the vinegar), and then i dried off and applied baby powder whereever the mites were biting me, to keep my skin nice and dry. This kept the mites away. I used 15% water soluble tea tree oil on my vagina and anus, and hair. This also got rid of my dandruff on my head.

It only took a couple days of this, and i have no more problems with mites!

I really think that mites are attracted to people who have poor health/immune systems and yeast on their skin. That's why some people get mites and others go into the same rooms and dont get bit at all. I didnt have obvious yeast on my skin, my skin looks normal, but i dont think it's something we can see.

I do know that after cleaning the yeast from my skin with hydrogen peroxide, baby powder (yeast like a moist environment, and baby powder keeps the skin dry), and tea tree oil, i have had no more problems from mites, even though i do not walk around with those products on me, i still do not have problems because i killed off the yeast on my skin. They are attracted to yeast!

I know i have a poor immune system at the moment, so that's why i think i get yeast on my skin. I am improving my health though through healthy diet and exercise. In the meantime, i occasionally use hydrogen peroxide and tea tree oil to prevent yeast growing back on my skin, until my health is better and my immune system is back up.

So that's my theory - people with poor health, poor immune function, get yeast on their skin, and this attracts mites. If you clean your skin of the yeast using hydrogen peroxide, baby powder, and tea tree oil, and improve your immune system with healthy diet and exercise, you can rid yourself of mites. Don't forget to vacuum, and clean your floors, and do your laundry to. I add borax powder to my laundry.

Hope this helps

Sometimes scratching the area during a pinworm infection can cause a fissure (deep tear in the skin). That itself will cause itchiness and irritation after the pinworm infection is gone. All you can do is keep the area as clean as possible and not scratch to let it heal.

Did you ever get a real answer to your question? I am currently experiencing the same thing and my doctors have no idea what the cause is, though they are sure that they have fully treated me.

I was also wondering if you recieved an answer. My 4 yo and I have both experienced pinworms over the last couple of months. I've treated all 4 of us with Vermox and Pin X (the other two did not show any symptoms of pinworms but I treated just in case). My symptoms have only been vaginal irritation - I saw my OB/GYN - he did pap and tested for all STD's (which came back negative) I told him my theory of pinworms in my vagina - but I don't think he had any idea how to treat it (he did prescribe some topical ointment). My 4 yo daughter also complains of her "tutu" still itching and it appears very irritated. I put small amt of ointment on her tonight - think we'll see the PED tomorrow. Ive searched all over for treatment for vaginal pinworms and all I read is that they die on their own in most cases - NOT MUCH COMFORT to me right now. Any body out there have any suggestions????

I have had a similar recurring issue in my family:( and we are currently in our third round of prescription treatment for pinworms. My dr is also clueless about how/whether the pinworm meds work on vaginal pinworm colonies.

I have read that diaper rash cream and other ointments are helpful because they soothe the skin and prevent pinworms from laying eggs - I know that before the pinworms were diagnosed, I used yeast infection treatments (OTC) uppositories and cream) thinking that yeast was the problem, and it helped. So I would use diaper rash creams and maybe canesten diaper ointment on any child of mine with a bad pinworm itch. Couldn't hurt, might help, and will soothe the area, anyway.

This may be TMI but I have caught worms in my Diva Cup (inserted in the vagina to catch menstrual bleeding). For adult women, using one or a diaphram in conjunction with other treatment may help to stop the vaginal worm problem.

I have also read of people using food-grade diatomaceous earth internally as a pinworm remedy. This is ground up fossilized seashells that are used as a very safe insecticide and is often even mixed with grain to prevent infestations after it is harvested. Insects/worms that come into contact with this substance die of dehydration because of tiny rips in the skin, though it is safe for us to eat and is sometimes taken as a health supplement.

I recently got the idea of dusting my vulva and anal area with diatomaceous earth, like using baby powder. Too soon to tell if it helps, but hoping so.

Clove oil will stop the itch and kill the eggs which can last 2-3 wks on surfaces. I coat under my nails with the clove oil. I have used the clove oil on my rectum,labia and clitoris.****It burns for a couple of minutes, then you rinse it off in the shower or leave it on it's up to you, afterwards I'm itch free for over 24 hours**** Pinworms can also live in the ears and nostrils. I dilute the clove oil with baby oil( or any other oil) and use a Q tip to coat inside ears and nostril. I also coat my face. I took PinX 2 times in a month period but because the eggs are so hard to kill I kept reinfecting myself. I am using taking 2 black walnut pills, 2 wormwood pills, 1/2 a stopper of the liquid black walnut , this was in addition to the last use of Pin X to kill them internally. I also bought the Eradicator a non toxic spray which contains pyrethrum which I learned kills the pinworm eggs. I sprayed the air and surfaces that regularly touch in my apartment, including door knobs, keyboards, phones( mobile and home), the contents of my handbag, car, etc, etc...you get the idea. Once should be enough. I also sprayed the sheets before I change them because you can launch the eggs into the air. I sprayed the sheets and pillows for 5 days. It's week 2 and itching has stopped completely. Will keep taking pills for next month. All the items can be found on Amazon. I like the Eradicator spray because it's also good for the garden, bed bugs, dust mites, fruit flies and non toxic to children and pets. It took a while for them to ship it but I hope it works. Clove oil is the key, stops the itch and kills the eggs. Good luck, folks!

Try carbolic soap. Kills the larvae on skin and in hair. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and use nail brush to scrub skin. Sulfur 8 ointment/ hairdress (Black hair section of store) has 2% sulfur and can be placed in the nostrils, ears and all over skin to kill parasites. I put on my eyelashes since it seems eggs were attached. You can get a 10% sulfur ointment and sulfur soap on Ebay as well. Use Borax detergent to wash clothes and surfaces. Some say you should sprinkle dry Borax on carpet and furniture and let stay as long as possible before vacuuming. Kills fleas and mites as well. Pinworms can live anywhere there is moisture(ears, nose, skin creases, etc..). I wish the medical establishment would let people know this. If you use clove oil...just rub on for a moment and IMMEDIATELY wash off...it can destroy skin pigment. Ladies pinworms also travel into the vagina and cause yeast infections, vaginitis. I got Diflucan and the gel. I also douched with a povidone-iodine solution...1/3 iodine to 2/3 water....that seems to help kill them. I took 2 wormwood, 2 clove and 2 black walnut pills daily until they were done. So far so good. By the way I read that if your dog has mange you could you a mixtures of borax and apple cider vinegar then let it sit for awhile and wash off. Poster said it worked like a charm...guess you can use same on people.

I addition to above I used a Neti pot to clean sinus passages of worms. They come out of the ears, nostrils and lay eggs. Gross as this is, I've found some in my eyes. At one point my eyes were crusted as if I had pinkeye. Gross!!!They obviously can travel to the intestine from the nostrils and the cycle continues. Change sheets and clothes daily. Vacuum sheets and pillowcases before removing or you can launch the eggs in the air. The carbolic soap helped immediately. Icy Hot also helps with the itch and kills the parasites but the Sulfur 8 is less irritating and works.

It's been 2 weeks since I'ev suspected I have pinworms. I treated myself, cleaned everything, and thought everything would be good. Stupidly, a week later, I scratched my butt, thinking it was just residual effects and there would be nothing there to find. The itch was persistent (more than I thought it would be, after scratching), so I checked, and I think I found what was a worm! It was attached to the pubic hair around the area, at first I thought it might have been vaginal mucous, but when I tried to remove it, it was dry, and turned out to be a rolled up string looking thing.

So I immediately thought that I didn't take a large enough dose.

After I found that worm, I treated myself again, a week earlier than the proposed 2 week mark for second treatment. It's exactly 2 weeks now, itching is minimal, it tingles sometimes, but subsides without itching, which leads me to think my infection is over and its just some other irritation. I check my anus whenever I am itchy, and alwaysfind nothing.
So I assunmed that the infection was over, and perhaps my anus was getting irritated from the constant spreading apartand checking of it every so often. Also, I noticed my veins in the anus were getting englarged, so I thought the tingles were from the veins.
Seemed pretty logical.

I was about to move on with my life, until I noticed something fall into my eye. I went immediately to check what it was, and it looked like a worm!!! It was only, I would say half a cm or less, but in my eye. It fell in, didn't feel like it was there the whole day. I removed it with a q-tip and found it.

My question is: for the person who found pinworms in your eye, how big were they? and how many? Also, what color were they?

Please respond, I know you posted a long time ago, but I would really appreciate an answer.

Thank you so much
I only found on

Not sure if my post was posted or not.

But.
It's week 2 since I suspected pinworms. It has also been 2 weeks since my first treatment.
After my first treatment, a week went by, and I thought I'd have nothing to worry about except just maintaining a wormfree status. I stupidly itched my butt, thinking it was just residual effects. But the itch didnt subside as quickly as I thought it would, it was kind of persistent. So I checked my butt. And lo and behold, a week after treatment I found a worm.

I thought it was vaginal mucous at first, because it was attached to the pubic hair in the area. But hwen I tried to remove it, it was rather dry, and it ended up being a rolled up ball of something string like. SO instantly I knew it was a worm. I treated myself again a week early, thinking that I took too small a dose.

It has now been 1 week since my second treatment. Itching is minimal to nothing, leads me to think it is just the veins in my anal area being enlarged that are causing sensations. Seemed logical.

But today, when I convinced ymself it was rectal veins causing discomfort and tried moving on with my life, something fell into my eye. I believe it was worm! It looked like it.

My quesiton is for the member who found pinworms in their eyes.
When you found pinworm(s), how many did you find the first time? How many times did it happen to you? How big was it/were they? Whatcolor were they?

The thing I found wasnt there all day, it just fell in. It was also brown-ish. And only half a cm, or slightly less in length. I am worried sick I have worms in my eyes, hopefully you will respond to this.

Thank you

When taking medication for pinworms it is not uncommon for the worms to migrate to another part of the body.They may well come out of the pours in your skin.Wouldnt worry though they need to live in your intestines to survive for any length of time.To be honest I would go and get some diatomaceous earth (food grade).Take 1 tablespoon in morning one hour b4 or after food.Take for at least 1 month so the eggs that hatch will be killed they can live for upto three weeks outside of the body.

my name is rosie i just got notices from my doctor that i got pin worms as well . please i have a 5 year old an i need to get treated please what real help .salso my faces is burning me, an my hair iches like crazy.please responed to me an step by step tell me what reall takes this pain away a what have you used that work for you may god bless u please help.

I am on my third treatment for pinworm in a year. I seem to have a severe infestation this time. The Dr prescribed vermox twice a day for two weeks and has referred me to an infectious disease Dr due to repeated infestation and several auto immune disorders. Has anyone else tried this? Also I have had substantial trouble getting vermox filled. Had to go to four pharmacies. The Dr first prescribed Albenza, but this is on back order for two months now. I got Vermox finally, but it's also on back order.

i been haveing same problem for years, it don't seem to be pinworms, doctors are trained to not tell you and keep you comeing back to make more money, but now the issue has spread causeing the same sensation all over my body, legs,arms and every where else. at 1st it was only around anus and under my balls, felt like stinging and burning as if something was biteing me on the inside,eventually i got an abcess on my anus that they had to drain that kept comeing back,as well as bad very bad trapped gas that has been permant regardless of use of gas pills of all types. only thing i can think of is that maybe a pinworm got inside the abcess opening?or maybe were part of more gov testing. goodluck to all with this problem if find out something let me know ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use