A few weeks ago I developed a small rash on my wrists and in between my thumb and index finger. It looked like dry skin and then started itching. The rash spread to my inner thighs, waistline, and bottocks and the itching got worse. They looked like little red dots. My 3 year old son then had also developed the same rash in the same places so we went to the doctor and he said right away it was scabies so we got the treat ment cream put it on and cleaned our house as well as washing everything in hott water. About a week and a half later I noticed that my 3 year old was still itchy even more so than before and he was developing new rashes that would come and go on his feet stomach back and arms. So we went back to a different doctor who said that it didn't even look like scabies. He gave us some benedryl for the itching and some cortisone cream. Mean while we are still very itchy and have the same rash on the inner thighs, bottocks, and waistline. The rash looks like small circles of dry skin with red small dots all around that hasn't gone away or started to look any better. We also have a different type of rash it looks like that comes and goes on our arms legs stomach and back. I don't know what to think if it is in fact scabies or could be something else if anyone could help me out or give me some ideas I'd appreciate it thanks!!

Sounds like ringworm to me

It's pretty common for people to have itchy symptoms and lesions even after successfully treating scabies. Post-scabies irritation can last up to around half a year or even longer; the skin needs time to get rid of the waste left behind by the mites. Typical is that the itch will be less severe and will come and go randomly, with increasing intervals.
I've last used a cream a month ago and am also itchy from time to time, but it seems to be normal and my partner doesn't get any symptoms anymore after spending a night with me. Re-infection, due to it being an allergic reaction, can be noticed like 4 days after contact, instead of a few weeks when you first get the mites, so that's a sign that we're both clean and safe. He would've been itchy for ages by now should I still be infected.

It seems that re-applying the cream can also cause an itch since it's pretty toxic. I've got a prescribed lotion with aloe vera that helps a lot, and I've heard good things about antihistamines and vitamin E.

To be sure, you can just ask a skin scrape test for scabies, but i think you're alright as long as you've kept your house cleaned during the treatment period.