My nine year old son has been dealing with an itchy red rash on just his face for the past three weeks. His face will get really bad and swell. The drs. had him on prednisone for about 5 days and also on antibiotics for strep but nothing is helping the rash. It began as red patches under the eyes and progressed to all over his face (but just his face). He had blood and urine tests but everything came back fine. He does seem to be a little more tired then usual (mainly just in the mornings) but he is active all day. We live in a newly built house (we've been here for two years) and ther is an open field next to us but nothing has ever bothered him before (allergy wise). The swelling seems worse in the morning but then even when the swelling lesens (it never goes away completely) he's left with what looks like dry skin. I can't put cortizone on him because it burns (so does Eucerin). I've tried puting vaseline on it but it doesn't seem to help either. I'm lost about this and so are his drs. HELP!

I too have my Daughter going through this , the doctor told her contact dermititis .. allergic to something she came in contact with.  Cortizone steriods are precribed but, do not seem to be helping at all.