Hello! I have some ear problems. I think it is something with eustation tube, it seems as if it is not “working” properly. I have had a cold and since then I feel the pressure in my ear and some sort of blockage. Does anybody know what I should do with this? Thx!

You have to be careful with this, because it may lead to ear infections. The problems with eustation tube are usually solved in a few weeks time. You can use both decongestants to relieve the pressure over the counter nose sprays. Don’t use the sprays for more than 3 days, as they can cause rebound congestions.

I have a tube in my left ear that was diagnosed as a eustation tube dysfunction and it solved my problem instantly.

Try taking a decongestant/anti-histamine for the pressure. It will get things moving around in there and dry up any liquid that could be between your eardrum and the bones in your ear. It always works for me.

I had a bad URI in Dec. and my ears have been blocked ever since. I have had and am still on antibiotics. I take Nasonex and have just finished a second round of steroids. My ear is still blocked. The ENT said there is no more fluid in my ear and tubes would cause a 5 to 10% permanent hearing loss at this time. Sometimes it feels like it's going to pop but never does. It is driving me crazy. I have tried holding my nose and blowing but it never pops. During all this I have had major surgery to replace a hip. Any advice will be appreciated.