I am a lacto vegetarian, no fish, meat or eggs, generally I eat well, not too much sugar, but eat a lot of cheese, and drink at least a gallon of water each day. I'm 60, 140lbs, teacher and exercise, (walking a mile extra a couple times a week). My last cholesterol was 202. What am I doing wrong. PS I have high blood pressure, thyroid removed w/ med, and half kidney function. Is that my answer?

Hi leafdance,

Just clarify, was that the total cholesterol value of 202?  Was it the LDL value?  

Where do you live?  Different countries have different "preferences."

medic-dan
Thanks for enquiring.    The cholesterol, total 202.  triglycerides 113; HDL chol. 54; VLDL chol. 23; LDL chol. calc 125.

Your values aren't bad.

Total cholesterol.  slightly elevated, below 200 preferred. you're just above.
The triglycerides are normal.
HDL good (higher is better)
LDL normal (lower is better)
VLDL normal.

Have you had your cholesterol levels checked before?  You really can't establish a baseline from one test.  I don't see anything that strikes me as being that out of line.  Dairy can elevate your levels some.

What does your doctor say?

Hi Medic-dan

My doctor said I was normal. Yes the total was 202. Thanks for answering, it calmed me down. Have a nice day!!
Judé