My total cholesterol level is a bit under the normal value. My ldl and triglycerides are quite all right, but my hdl cholesterol is the one that is decreased. What are the natural ways to raise hdl? How can I manage it with dietary supplements? I need advices about what food to include on my menu. Thanks in advance.

Food rich in soluble fibers, like whole grains, brown rice, lentils, fruit and legumes should be on your menu every day. Olive and canola oil are rich in mono-saturated fats, that are found to raise hdl. Omega-3 oils that are found in fish and cold pressed flaxseed oil are excellent natural boosters of hdl. Else, all the soy-based food, due to phytoestrogens may help raise hdl. You can find supplements based on omega-3 acids, garlic, grape seeds-they are all heart protective, like hdl ‘s function is too.