Hi I’m 25 years old, male and recently had blood test that has shown very high level of blood cholesterol. I have felt chronic tiredness and had irregular heart beat from time to time, and not only when physically active. I’m maybe a little bit overweight, nothing significantly so I guess that it was unusual that I could have that high cholesterol level. I even do not eat that much of fatty foods. I’m going to make an appointment with my doctor next week. Should I have to take some drugs to low my blood cholesterol? Thanks in advance.

High cholesterol level does not always have to be connected with increased fat intake. There can be a dysfunction of an enzyme that is responsible for the metabolism of the lipids in the intestine i.e. it also sometimes is with hereditary pattern. It depends on what type of cholesterol is elevated, LDL or HDL. HDL is the good one, that protects heart and it is not dangerous if it is a bit higher, but high level of ldl should be treated properly. I think that because of your age you can start with natural, herbal products that are helpful in lowering cholesterol, like garlic, unsaturated fatty acids from oenothera flowers and fibers from whole grain food.