My husband is suffering from chronic diarrhea, bloating and occasional black stool for the last one year. His previous doctor disregarded it as a serious case and prescribed Imodium. He is not cured yet. Please advice

hi soma, as a rule any problems that is persisent and causing distress and upset should be investigated further, with your husband immodium can solve the problem in an acute case but is not recommended for long term use. there could be many different reasons why this is a chronic problem, however the most common cause of black tarry stools is the presence of blood. ths can occur with persistent diarrhoea but does need to be investigated properly in order to rule out any serious cause. i would advise you to speak to another doctor or be firm with the doctor that originally refused you. hope this helps

Have you heard about Nana Flakes? it is the exact Kanana Banana that my mom used to make me when I was a little girl. One of my girlfriends recently had diarrhea trouble with her baby boy and introduced me to the product called Nana Flakes. I must say it is a great tasting product especially for those banana lovers. I experienced some heavy diarrhea problems in the past . it’s a great discomfort to have to go to the bathroom 6-7 times a day. I am so grateful for Nana Flakes because it made my life so much better. With just 1-2 tablespoons in each meal you will happily say good bye diarrhea, so long heartburn and welcome to better life. Nana Flakes is very simple to use especially in your cereal, oatmeal, or even when you’re baking. Don’t let diarrhea control your life. Be in control! The link that my girlfriend gave me is: http://www.ndlabs.com/product/680 , you can read up more information about ND Labs’ Nana Flakes

i had diarrhea for 3 days and now my stool are black

I agree with the post before the last one. I have also used the Nana Flakes - such a great relief. The company that makes it is called ND Labs. You can do a quick google search on Nana Flakes and you will find out more information about it.

You shoul really give Nana Flakes a try. it will really help

I also agree with the post above. i have had my fair share of diarrhea spells and ever since i started using Nana Flakes from Nutritional Designs I have been diarrhea free. i deffinately reccomend this product to anyone who has diarrhea and even heartburn. My mother used to give me kanana banana flakes all the time but they dont make them anymore. Nutritional Designs Nana Flakes are the same thing as the Kanana Banana Flakes. here is the link to it if anyone else has an interest in Nana Flakes:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Thanks for the infor on Nana Flakes. I grew up loving Kanana Banana. Recently had surgery for colon cancer and am way low on potassium. Diarrhea has worn me out. Am looking up Nutrutional Designs next !

One Dr. ssid that I was taking too much thyroid and cut it back and that helped a bit.