I have oily orange diarrhea for past two days. I have not eaten anything strange or unusual. No other symptoms involved, like stomach ache or sth else. Just oily orange diarrhea.

Well, when it comes to orange stool, it can suggest underlying health conditions such as celiac disease, maybe cystic fibrosis and also it can be a sign of lack of bile acids.

This all usually results with oily greasy stool in different colors, in your case, it is orange. Well, my doctor once told me that the removal of the gallbladder causes defects in the pancreatic juices and may lead to oily stools and also, foods can be the reason why this has happened to you. 

I suggest you to investigate that but I believe that you won't have some serious issues because you don't have a pain at all. 

Hey,
I just read on a forum that oily orange diarrhea might be a consequence of eating butterfish or also known as escolar. More than 20 % of this fish is indigestible wax esther, which will pass through humans body and result in oily, smelly, orange diarrhea. Diarrhea goes away after few days. Did you eat this fish? If not, I don’t know what might be a cause.

Wow, I never thought i would actually find something online about this, but I did here. I had eatten two fillets of Butterfish last night, and today, to put it nicely, I had orange oily diahrea. It actually came out when i thought i was letting gas out. I didnt even know; in fact it took me until the next gas letting to realize something was up. It smelled terrible and needless to say, I was totally embarressed. But no one found out so I think it should be ok. but then again, tomorrow is another day and the chair i was sitting on is still there. o.O

I read online that there are several fish that will do this to you. Did you maybe eat another kind of fish, or maybe something with oil in it? I also heard that if you take certain "healthy" oils like fish oil. I also read that hoodia may do it or eating lots of nuts. Think about it, if still no, u better go to the doctor and get a "truck driver" (endoscopy) i call it that cuz it feels like someone drove a truck up ur a-s ;-) no its not that bad, especially if they put you out for it.

Anyway, I will never eat butterfish again.

hey your not the only one but i have had it for the last week or so. i have been eating a lot of junk food like candy soda taco bell ect, so have you eatin any thing and yes like the other person says it goes away after a few days so lay off any junk food for awhile because it just might mean you have been eating foods with a lot of sugars or your diet is off a little

Thanks to all of you. I had butterfish 2 days ago and experienced the same awful symptoms. I was scared to death this morning until I read this page. UGH...no more butterfish for me. I am also allergic to chilean sea bass...that entails vomiting. I think I am strictly a carnivore from today on!!!!!!!

There is no one "normal" color of stool, as color can be affected by both by food and by the digestive process. As food moves through the digestive tract, it turns from green to yellow-orange to brown. Bile and bacteria is what gives stool its final brown color.

There are several common and benign reasons for passing orange stools. Supplements and medications that can cause orange-colored stools include those containing beta-carotene (sometimes found in vitamin A) and aluminum hydroxide (which can be found in antacids).

Foods that can cause orange stool include:

Any food with artificial yellow or orange coloring
Carrots
Cilantro
Collard greens
Fresh thyme
Kale
Sweet potatoes
Spinach
Turnip greens
Winter squash

If stool is still orange when it is eliminated, it could mean that it is not being exposed to, or absorbing enough, bile salt.

I had exactly this problem when flying back from a 10 day holiday on Mauritius! It scared me to death on the 11 hours flight home and I's honestly thought I've caught some terrible disease! Not sure if we've eaten Escolar fish but I've certainly been eating something called 'White Tuna' on the menus. Thanks to everyone whose helped put my mind at ease. :-)

I experienced a bout of oily orange diarrhea after eating what was labeled as "sea bass". If you've eaten fish, and are in otherwise fine health, I woulnd't worry about it. Believe me, I was terrified when it happened to me, but it only lasted one day.

wow. i feel much better after reading this stuff. i thought i was dying! i had the orange droplets floating in my toilet this morning, too. but now looking back, i had some orange shrimp from a Japanese restaurant about 36 hours ago. that had to be it. it tasted very fatty.

originally i thought it had something to do with my pancreas and alcoholism. i was freaked out! i had this prob about 1 year ago and i stopped drinking because i thought it was due to the alcohol. i started drinking again a few months ago and last night the orange oil came back. but i think t came back because when i drink my diet changes. i tend to eat more fatty foods.

I was so worried, but now I feel so much better. I had Escolar two nights ago and my intestines have been going crazy and I have had these terrible oily stools that are orange and very, very smelly. It is great to hear all these posts as it settles my worry. Thanks! :$

White Tuna is the same as escoalr so i wanted to let whoever wrote that know that you definitely are experiencing the same thing as many of these people!!! this was great and im really glad im not alone! i had escolar yesterday and this is what im experiencing today. quite terrible but comforting to know theres a specific reason!!! Thanksss

I've also had this problem - I haven't eaten anything unsual at all - but had a tuna fish sandwich for lunch (not that unusual) and suddenly this! No pain, no diarrea, just orange oily droplets and orange poo. scared!!!!!

I think it's safe to say that whether diarrhea is green, dark brown or orange it is still diarrhea. It may be very wise to make a change to your diet. If your stomach is not responding accordingly to the foods you are consuming then maybe you should move away from those particular foods.

Diarrhea can result to dehydration, lack of appetite, fatigue, exhaustation. To relieve it, you can try Nana Flakes, it's a powdered banana flakes made from dry bananas that will form your stools, help to avoid dehydration and most importantly eliminate diarrhea.

You can find it at http://www.ndlabs.com/product/680

Take care

I had the same problem on Monday morning after i had pan grill butterfish for dinner on saturday night. it had me thrill. but after seeing that this is normal after eating Escolar (Butterfish) will happen to every1 else. I m more than relieve now. thx