I have black oil that comes out in my stool. Usually there is no solid stool, just the black oil. I have had it happen three times, and the only thing I can connect it to is eating Orange Roughey (Fish) 2 days before. Any info. would be great.

Hi

Changes in a color, size and frequency of stool can be a normal occurrence related to dietary changes especially in your case since you are aware that you have been eating fish which can be the main cause of change in your stool.

Stool symptoms often resolve on their own and if your condition last more than a few days than maybe you have some digestive tract issues which you will need to check with your doctor.

As well oily stool can be due to the fat in the stool and sometimes dark color is result of some type of medications. Whatever is the cause of your condition if it doesn’t resolve on its own in a couple of days visit your doctor. 

Hi there.

I believe that you are dealing with steatorrhea. That is oily greasy stool that often floats and it is bulky...if you know what I mean. This type of  stool may be a result of impaired digestion of fats, decreased absorption or both as is seen in rapid transit time - those are some possible causes that I have found on the internet and my doctor confirmed this to me as well.

It is not something that you should joke with because it can lead to something more serious - even the cancer.

If you didn't visit your doctor, you should do this - it is time. 

I ate roughy too and had the same thing!

I ate orange roughy for 2 days and it is happen to me too!!

Me too..orange rough fish

I got sick not from fish when I got it what does that mean?