Hi. I have severe anxiety and panic disorders. I was off meds for a while and 2 weeks ago I had a major anxiety attack, followed by a constant panic attack, due to a huge fight with my husband. Starting that night I had very bright yellow diarrhea. It's been 2 weeks and I am having off and on constipation and diarrhea.

So I just started up meds again and they have not yet kicked in. It feels like I have had a constant panic attack for 2 weeks. Every couple of days I have very loose bright yellow to pale yellow stool, and I was wondering if the anxiety could cause this?

I know anxiety can cause diarrhea, but what about yellow? Sorry, it is a gross question, but worrying about it is making my anxiety worse.

Can anyone helP? I really don't think it would be medical cuz it happened the moment I had that massive fight and panic attack.

Thank you for your help.

I have been experiencing the same thing for about the past year on and off. Yellow stools usually indicates something Gall related but the Gall is actually plays an important function in digestion. From what I've read in trying to keep my sanity is that there is a link between the mind and the digestive system. So it is absolutely possibly that stress you are experiencing could be causing the problem. It may also be pertinent to look into the gall bladder as a possible issue since your anxiety is constant however with the Gall Bladder there usually is a large amount of pain under the right shoulder blade now just because you have pain doesn't mean that there is a Gall issue because the pain could also be attributed to forward head posture or strain. The pain is generally deep if gall bladder related. I am not a doctor but I have seen enough for one life. You may also look into IBS as a culprit and maybe some cognitive behavioral therapy may also be beneficial to helping you reprogram how you deal with stress.

I had this experience as well. I can call it really ugly experience. I remember that one morning I get up from my bed and I needed to get ready for my work. I went to the toilet and my stool was yellow. It has never been yellow before, actually I don't remember that my stool changed its color ever. 

And, there it was - that ugly yellow stool. I need to admit that I had an abnormal stress for a couple days, before I noticed the change in my stool. I went to my doctor and he told me that that all was because of the stress. In the one minute he told me how I feel - and he told me that I haven't eat the proper food.

And that was the truth.

Look, it can all lead to some health issues and you really should do something about this. 

I know this has been awhile since you posted this, but I am going through the same stuff now. After a stomach bug and so much stress in my life, I am dealing with the yellow stools with some diarrhea. You you tell me what ever happened or what you found out?