I am worried about my daughter. She is 7 and she had diarrhea for almost three weeks. I realize that it was chronic but would like to know what causes chronic diarrhea? Was it something that she ate? Or is it something serious?

Chronic diarrhea is the one that lasts more than two weeks. Causes of chronic diarrhea are numerous. Diarrhea caused by an infection can result from bacteria (Campylobacter, Clostridium difficile, Escherichia coli, Salmonella enteritidis), parasites (Cryptosporidium parvum, Cyclospora cayetanensis, Entamoeba histolytica) and viral infections like HIV or rotavirus. Diarrhea not caused by an infection can result from high blood pressure medications, antibiotics, colitis, food allergies, Chron's disease, cancer drugs etc. Sometimes the cause remains unknown. To treat chronic diarrhea is very important to determine its cause. Diarrhea caused by an infection is usually treated with antibiotic but it is importan to make the right diagnosis so that the porper drug could be proscribed. It is very difficult to treat diarrhea not caused by an infection and surgery or long term medications may be required. You have not told me if you took your daughter to doctor and what was his diagnosis. Because of that I am not sure that I can tell you what was the case with her but I hope I have helped you with these informations.

i have a 9 month old baby and he has been having these symtoms like

Diarrhea and i dont now what to do im only 16 im not good at this please help im despret

PLEASE take your daughter to the doctor immediately; at that age (and weight) diarrhea can become a serious, if not fatal illness. Make sure she gets PLENTY of water (NOT soda or koolaid) to keep her hydrated. Write again after you see the doctor; best of luck!

Brattinella

Baby Diahrea is most likely an allergic reaction to the formula. Talk to your pediatrition if its actual d (not common baby paste waste).

Daughter, if not viral, it could be cause be food allergies. As stated, its extremely serious. She might also have digestive problems, you absolutely have to see a dr.

Chronic Diarrhea is most common in males over the age of 40. The causes tend to be from not eating properly. People who consume extreme amounts of olive oil or excessive amounts of hot sauce can be afflicted by this problem. The most common solution is to get plenty of rest, exercise at least three times per week and attempt to reduce the amount of stress in your daily life.
Good Luck,
Dr. Christopher Relzentraz, M.D.