I think my headaches have become chronic headache for I started having them almost on daily bases. It’s not like that I’m unable to function but they’re so constant and frequent that does affect my life. Those are not severe headaches for I’m sure I don’t have migraines. It’s just that that I have mild headache from both sides of a head and when I take painkillers they don’t help much. What should I do?

First you shouldn’t be taking painkillers on your own. The fact is when you overtakes them they might cause you some what’s called rebound headaches meaning you’ll have some further headaches and also if you overtake them so often they might stop to be effective. I think that you have tension type headaches just like me and I usually calm them by taking some analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen and this should be enough for those are such type of a headache that needs to get on their own for those are not severe headaches that are necessary to be treated by specific medications. And also you may help yourself by reconsidering your lifestyle for the stress might be one of the main reasons for your chronic headaches as well as depression or unhealthy eating and sleeping habits. Also exercise might do you well or regular daily walks.

Hello.  This is the first time I've done the blogging thing, but my head pain is out of control and really need some advice.  I have been suffering from migraines since I was 11 years old, I am now 23.  I just had my first child 3 months ago, and I can honestly say that my migraine's were worse when I was pregnant; but I have had a constant headache that turns into a migraine and then back to a dull headache and back and forth, back and forth for about 5 weeks now.  The pain is starting to really affect my personal and professional life.  I have been going to doctors and taking different medications for over 10 years and nothing seems to keep the pain away.  I don't have a brain tumor or any documented disease as the cause of this constant head pain; but something has to help.  I have a 3 month old daughter who I can barely play with because I either can't look down, can't look up, can't have the lights on, etc. It's taking control of my life, and I want it back.

Paityns_mom I have a situation like yours. Have been have chronic migrains since the sixth grade and am now 23 yrs old and until now nothing seemed to have worked. My doc put me on topamax its for epilepsy but also given to patients for migrains it is not a pain killer. The down side is the side affects wich will go away after the first four weeks. I have not had one single headache in 3wks and am now finally able to play and interact with my ten month old son the way I always wanted too. It can cause mood swings so if it does tell your doc and he/she will lower the dosage.