Hello. I am a 22 year old female, non-smoker, non-drinker. I am in perfect health that I know of besides Chronic Migraines. I have suffered from Chronic Migraines since the age of 16 and they have gotten worse over the past few years. I have had every kind of possible test ran to try to figure out what causes these migraines, but everything always comes back negative. But my question being...my migraines usually radiate over my eyes, but for the past few months or so, ive been getting them in the lower part of my head, i cannot tell if its the lower part of my head, or my upper neck? The pain is horrible sometimes, I cant lay down or anything. And for the past couple of weeks, the pain has radiated from my neck, to shoulder, to my arm, and this is all on the left side. What could this be? I was thinking maybe a Pinched Nerve or something like that since it hurts in the lower part of my head/neck, down my arm and into my shoulder? But I am such a worrier that I have myself convinced that it is a Brain Tumor. I have had numerous CT Scans and MRI's concerning the mirgraines and they were all negative, but the last ones I had was probably about 3 years ago. Please, does anyone have any idea what this could be. I am worrying myself to death. Thanks!

Do you not get CT scans, each one is equal to about 1,400 X-rays, That is a LOT..  You could cause cancer just by continuing to get them.

Sounds like you have a pinched nerve.

Typo above: Meant Do NOT get any more CT scans for the reasons given above !

Hi! I know exactly what your going through. Only my headaches have been radiating in my neck about 5 Years ago & now in my chest about 2-3 years ago. I've been going through it since the year 2003. I myself has had numerous CT scans & MRIs. (Always negative) I was rushed to the hospital yesterday 10/3/12 & they refuse to run test. It just seems like these hospitals don't care. I've been to many neurologist & never received effective treatment. & sometimes I refuse to take some of the recommended medicines. The headaches are murder. Mines have worsened over the past few years as well. I'm 37 years old. I feel for anyone that goes through this & I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. For the most part, stress triggers mine but they do come on for no reason. & you're right. You cannot function with these. I find that ice packs help mine more than anything. I don't even think it helps I think the coldness kind of keep my mind off the headache because the second I remove the ice pack I feel it. They have ice pack headbands that I have to use while working. (can you imagine). Also Alcohol consumption (I'm not an alcoholic). They (doctors) say your blood vessels swell up in your head & hit your nerves & that's what causes the pain. So anything you can think of to prevent that, try. I feel sorry for you that you've been going through this at a young age. There's a huge amount of people I'm this world that gets all types of migraines. It could also be the chemicals their injecting in your food. Try organic. Try exercising & getting the proper sleep. (I do neither) but I'm going to start after yesterday. Otherwise, keep praying like I do. I use to pray that I stayed alive all the time. Now, sometimes the headache is so bad I pray to die. Just keep researching & don't give up. Look up the drug Depakote. They prescribed that to me years ago. I never took it & regret it because a lot of people tell it it either helped or got rid of their migraines permanently. I'd give both of my houses away to get rid of these headaches. Good Luck!

Toxins and hormone or ph imbalance are likely suspects for the headaches, and most all illnesses.  My husband and I have enjoyed amazing results from the organic supplements from a company we became involved with called Genesis Pure.  I was able to stop monthly chiropractor visits for head, neck and arm pain, and my husband stopped his daily regiment of Ibuprofin for neck pain caused by a ruptured disc.  We avoid narcotics and medications at all cost, because of the negative side effects.  Because of how blessed we have been since being introducted to these amazing supplements, we have made it our mission to share it with as many people as possible.  You can look at the website

*** post is edited by moderator ***web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

, or contact me for more information. 

I also have migraines and had a bout of terrible pain and nausea, it turned out that nuts were the cause. If you eat nuts try removing them from your diet the result for me was amazing.

Can get an more infor about this genesis pure? health foods?

I experienced severe migraines for years.  I would have one at least once a month that would put me in bed for a couple of days.

This continued until I had a hysterectomy at 38.  I had andnomiosis (same as endometriosis).  Andnomiosis is where the lining does not come out of the uterus.  I still get a migraine about once every three months, but nothing like it was before.   

This sounds like a migraine. Migraines have all kinds of different symptoms that they bring on and each one is a little different than the last. All of those nerves are inter-connected in the same region. I started having migraines when I was a teenager and I used to miss school and later missed work days due to my migraines. They seemed to coincide with my menstrual cycles, which makes sense since they are affected by hormonal changes. I've found that a heating pad helps, or those heating pads that have the beads in them, or whatever it is inside, that you place in the microwave. I even made a neck pad out of a long tube sock, filled with rice. I heat it up for 40 seconds or so and wrap it around my neck to relieve the spasms in my muscles and it works. Only migraine sufferers understand this pain. I also know that when I know that a migraine is coming, because I get an aura of lights before the head pain starts, I tense up and my blood pressure and my heart rate rises. This seems to cause my muscles to tighten up, as well. My doctor gave me a muscle relaxer for my migraines, but I think there are new meds available that help with stopping the migraine before it becomes painful. I've heard that accupunture and accupressure are also very beneficial for migraines. My insurance doesn't cover this until it becomes chronic pain, so if I keep bugging my doctor and get a referred to the pain center, they eventually will cover 10 visits for accupunture or accupressure. Please don't worry that it is something life-threatening. You are too young and you've had several screening tests, so the likely-hood of it being anything serious is very slim. But migraines are serious enough, they don't kill you, but they can ruin your social life. Take care and God bless.

See a neurologist who uses BOTOX to relieve pain from migraines with referred pain in neck, shoulders and arm. Good Luck.

I suffer from the same thing, I am now a 22 year old female, non smoker, do not drink alcohol etc. I have had daily headaches and migranes since I was 15.. I totally changed my diet to more plant based and have really tried to heal with nutrition in hopes to decrease pain however they still occur.  I received chiropractic care for years in addition to the diet changes... still pain.

The ONLY thing that has worked for me is applied kinesiology (AK) and acupuncture combined with active release therapy (ART) a technique used by higher skilled massage therapists. Essential oils have also aided in pain relief- specifically wintergreen. Just massage in a few drops on the affected area. You can find these oils online or in a health store. Whole foods even has some!

AK is going to be.. strange at first. lol. I laughed a lot of the time for my first appt. bc the doc does some weird tests and manipulations that wont make sense to you.. but I will tell you it changed my life. I really encourage you to search for an applied kinesiologist in your area and go at least 2x before deciding against it, if you can afford it of course. They are priced similarly to a chiropractor- but you won't have to go nearly as much as you would for a traditional chiropractor! Because its amazing and the adjustment is so specific to your body's needs you should only end up going 1-2x / 6weeks!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

What u are getting is called " migraines with aura".. Get them treated!!! If on BC pills get off them- it's the BC that is causing it and, the migraines with aura r the most severe!! They can lead to a stroke!! I am dealing with this issue now- GL

I had the similar thing, found out it was an AVM in my dura. I had MRI's and CT scans over a 5 year period before I was diagnosed.