Please help me. I am desperate to find some relief from my headaches. I am eighteen and suffer from chronic, severe headaches. I have had a headache on the top of my head, near the front, for four months. The pain has not gone away at all; I could only mask it with antidepressants for a few weeks. Then I began having adverse side effects to the antidepressants and had to stop taking them. Now the pain is at full force again, and it continues to get worse. However, I do not have trouble sleeping because I always feel as if I cannot get enough rest. Sometimes I see my line of sight in neon colors, and I have begun to hallucinate that things are floating in the air. I have a history of migraines, but this pain is drastically different. My doctor tells me that I am just experiencing another migraine, but he fails to consider that my pain is in a different location, and I am not sensitive to light or sound as I normally am with a migraine. Also, now if I try to take migraine medication, it makes my headache worse. I am struggling to make it through my last semester of school, but I am facing difficulty because I am in such pain that I cannot focus or remember well. All I can think about is how bad the pain is, and I usually end up vomiting. Sometimes I feel dizzy or heavy-headed, and I end up crying because I am so desperate for some treatment. No one seems to comprehend how much pain I am in, and my doctors will not listen to me when I tell them that I feel that something is definitely wrong. Has anyone experienced any of the same symptoms that I am going through? I cannot handle the severity of the pain my entire life, and I fear that I may have to.

I feel for you. My daughter started having these exact kind of headaches two years ago. She had a constant severe headache for about 6 months, then they dissipated. Now, almost exactly two years later, she has started having them again. We have seen doctor after doctor, test after test, spinal tap, you name it. We do know they are not migraines, but that's about all we know. She is just miserable. It affects everything in your life, so I feel so badly for you.

Her current doctor has suggested "Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus". We are going to look into that next week to see if that might be the problem. She doesn't exhibit any of the symptons of NPH though, except the headache. So I don't know about that. But I am desperate for answers, as I know you are.

I will update you on the NPH diagnosis and possibly we can share information from doctors.

I pray that as you are reading this, you are no longer having headaches!

Hi

I'm getting the similar problem. Now I think it's due to depressive mood and anxiety at least for me. I'm even with insomnia. I feel very sad and I'm fighting against it. But I'm not sure whether will get better.

Thanks for the topic

I started getting my headache about two months ago, I am so sorry to hear so many people having these problems. With so many of us you would think someone would have a clue by now!! I started with the general dr. that gave me pain killers, then to the ENT b/c it felt like sinus pain, also this pulsating in the ear and ringing in the head. then to the head dr gave me addictive meds, then to the dentist, then to the chiropractor, then to get acupuncture, then to the emergency room b/c I thought I was going to lose it! They told me about this headache clinic, they specialize in headaches...the new dr told me to quit taking what I was RXed. I got an MRA and MRV that will show the veins and bloodflow of the brain and will get the results this week. Thankful the MRI came back okay, but really need to get to the btm of this. I am now taking frova once a day and Indomethicin twice aday, but I am waking up with insane headaches, and they never completley go away, the meds are helping some, I think, after I wake up and take them.

Probably not relevant to your condition, but for more ordinary headaches: Get all amalgam from teeth removed, absolutely no caffeine or chocolate, get brain and neck scan.
Gordon

I have been going through the almost exact same thing since August. There is both pressure and throbbing but I don't know which one hurts worse. I am 18 years old and trying to make it through my last semester of school as well. I have missed so much school but even when I am there it doesn't do much because I can't concentrate. I thought it might help if you knew you weren't alone. I know it did when I read your post.

After over a year of unrelenting, severe pain in my head, neck and right arm, I finally tried acupuncture. After three treatments, the pain stopped. That was fifteen years ago and have never had that pain again. It was a miracle.

I'm going on three months with a headache very similar to original post. It does not respond to light or noise....it's just ALWAYS there. I currently have 14 bottles of meds the doctor "just wants to try". Finally I had an MRI and MRA b/c they thought possibly an aneurisym, but it came back normal.

I am going crazy too! I just want it to stop! Has anyone had any luck on finding a cause? I am going to start a fast and slowly bring in different food groups to be assured I haven't developed an allergy to some food suddenly. I try relaxation techniques, but as a property manager I constantly work every day out of the year, as am on call after hours every day of the year. In this last month I have been so unable to concentrate on anything other than the pain that all aspects of work, family, and love life have been effected devastatingly. %-)

I too have had a headache for 5 months. Top of the head and sides of the head and at times the bones in my face. Nothing and I mean nothing takes the pain away except standing in a hot shower and then I do not feel them. My life is on hold with these headaches. I had an implant put in in February in my mouth with a new DDS and I am wondering if this could be the culprit. BUT, I had 4 other dental implants placed 2 years ealier by another DDS and never uffered a day. I am not prone to headaches. If I ever haver a headache one tylenol did the trick..not this time. Not even 3 tylenols...not even 4 advils or 3 Bayers. I am hopeless. I may have to try accupuncture.

Hi, I'm 14 and I have the exact same problem. I have been having severe mirgranes for 4 or 5 months now. Nobody understands how much pain I am in. I am a self proclaimed insomniac since nobody will look into my sleeping problems. They have put me on at least 3 different medications to help me, but none have worked. Latley I have ended up crying because of the pain, and I always feel nauseous, but I haven't gotten sick yet. My migranes happen in my forehead and in my temples; it feels like somebody is drilling through my head. My doctor is having me write in a migrane journal to show and rate my pain on a scale of 1-10. Currently I am at a 10. Usually they start at a 2 and progress as the day goes on. I am convinced I have a brain aneurysm, but I am also a hypochondriac, so no one believes me about the pain. Please help me. I really need to know whats wrong with me and how to fix it.

I have had a head ache for 2 months so far.. and it hasnt let up once... i have gone to the ER and many dr's noone seems to think anything is wrong with me.. They give me strong pain relievers and nothing helps... it is especially bad when i shake my head or nod my head even.. I am a professional dancer, and it it gettign impossilbe for me to dance with these headaches, they really are unbearable!!
please reply if you know anything or have any advice for me

Dear All,
I suppose that my son, 11 years old, is only patient who is suffering from this type of pain but I am wrong.
From tha last 5 months my son is suffering from severe headache, we went to every TYPE of doctors like physician, ENT, Nero, phychiatrist etc and even homeopath, Unani, Aurvedic etc, but still could not find any solution. We go through MRI, blood test etc, but every doctor said this is type of Migrain but exactly they did not know tha name as well diagnose.
God know when my son get relief and join the school.
I pray to god for all of you who are suffering from this type of headache.
If you find any medicine for curing it let me know.
Dharmendra Varshney

I also have the same and worry if i have to spend the rest of my life like it. I went to the doctor and was told to take adult portion of ibuprofen to stop the cycle, ming you i am only 15. It is caused usually by a trauma in the past says the doctor.

I am almost 18 and about 3 1/monthes ago I got a headache. It never goes away. It dulls sometimes but is never fully gone. It has been affecting me and how I do in school. At first I thought it was stress from all the stuff I do, but even when I was relaxing, it still wouldn't go away. I then was told it could be dehydration, but that wasn't it either. My mom and I are going to the eye dr. to see if that is the problem, but we also have a regular dr. appointment next week. If any of you who are suffering from the same thing let me know so I can see if I have the same problem. Thanks.
When I saw your post and the responses, I thought it to be wired that alot of us to are getting these long headaches are about 18 and seniors in high school. Does anyone else think that is wierd?

I too started getting these strange headaches just before new years. Its now 20 Feb and I still get have a constant headache that is always there centered on the top left side of my head. Some days it is excruciating and no pain med works. Even if I am lucky enough for the pain to go down so I can sleep I wake up and its still there. Other times its mild and I just go about my day but its still there. When it gets severe the only thing that seems to help me when it gets severe is an ice pack to the side of the head and I have to sit up in bed since lying down seems to make it worsen. The ice calms it down enough and dulls it enough so I can at least get some sleep. It takes a few hours though. I hope this helps some of you. I go for my brain MRI on the 24th. But am not really positive it will show anything from what everyone is saying. Life is definitely different with these constant headaches. I just wish you all the best and hopefully more people will speak up and something can be done about it.

mike