Two years ago I had routine umbilical hernia surgery. Since then I wake up every day, even after a short nap with the worst muscle cramps on each side of my back right at the bottom of my rib cage. To describe it would be like charlie horse cramps you get in your calves or hamstrings. After about an hour of bending over in a chair stretching my muscles apart they go away but then im left with tight very sore muscles the rest of the day. Still no diagnosis after having multiple tests, scans, doctors, etc. No muscle relaxers work, no therapy or medicine. Had around 30 shots in my muscles at pain management only to end up being worse. At the time of my surgery I was 33 year old fairly active male with only high B/P. Hernia surgeon says my surgery was successful and other doctors blow off the idea that my pain is related to my surgery. Is there anyone out there that can shed light on my situation???? I cannot live a long life with the pain I endure every day. I'm on the highest mg pain patch I can get and 180 Loratab 10/500 a month.

Hi mate my name is Jonathon. I know this is a far cry, but I am in the same position. Please please message me via email. I would love to discuss this with you further. My email is

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I really hope I hear from you. Regards, Jonathon

Hi gentlemen, My name is Vicki I am experiencing the same issue please advise your advice of how your pain was cured? My surgery happened 2 years ago. I get legs feet toes back abdominal pain more frequently now.