I hurt my leg the other day playing soccer, the thigh area of my leg was kneed by someone and it really hurts to move the leg but i get relief by keeping it strait or inactive. The thing is, there is no swelling in the area at all and it's been a while. I dont know whats wrong with it, if i fractured it, or bruised the muscle/bone... any ideas ?

Hi Flaw, I read your post and immediately thought you had a Charlie Horse. My response is a bit slow but better late than never. Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia describing Charlie Horses.

Charley horse
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
In medical parlance, a charley horse is a painful contusion of the quadriceps muscle of the anterior thigh that commonly results in a muscular hematoma and sometimes several weeks of pain and disability.1,2 It often occurs in sports when an athlete is struck by an opponent's knee, in a manner not unlike the kick of a horse, perhaps the reason for its name. In the UK, such an injury is known as a Dead Leg, corky, or corkie.

In recent decades the term has also been used to describe painful leg cramps, which may occur in the thigh, arch of the foot, calf muscle, or quadriceps.

The term may date back to American baseball slang of the 1880s, possibly from the pitcher Charley "Old Hoss" Radbourne who is said to have suffered from cramps.[citation needed] Another story mentions a horse named Charley that used to work at Comiskey Park, the Chicago White Sox' ballpark in Chicago. In those days, an old, perhaps lame, retired horse was often called "Charley."[citation needed]

[edit] Causes of cramps
Sore muscles after exercise
Hormone imbalance
Mineral deficiency
Dehydration

[edit] Treatment
The quadriceps contusion type of "charley horse" is initially treated by icing. Recent studies have shown that the resulting tightness and contractures that sometimes ensue can be lessened by maintaining the knee in a fully bent position for the first 24 hours to prevent the involved muscles from going into spasm. Premature return to activity can result in calcification of the hematoma in and around the muscle, a long-term problem called myositis ossificans.

A cramp can be quickly defused with either a massage or stretching of the affected muscle. Persistent cramps should be treated by a doctor.

Cheers, Kelly