does any one know if after gall bladder surgery you can suffer from a hernia in its space, or could it be an allergic reaction to the titanium band;

at 18 i had gall bladder surgery, later on in my life i still recived the pains like you would when u had gall stones just recently i went to the er and yup told me i had a hernia and the gall bladder surgery could have caused it to develop over time

Hi Kimholder, I am just wondering if you ever got any answers to your hernia question? I had my gallbladder removed Feb. 9th of the year laparoscopicly and I felt just okay since. Yesterday I started with pain to the right of my bellybutton and today I have pain right in my bellybutton everytime I go to get up, so I decided to come on the computer to investigate. Putting in Hernia was a whim and your posting came up, therefore I thought I would take a chance to see if you have been to the doctor and also ask how you are doing now...Better I hope. Though I was confused about the titanium band.
Thank you for your time...

Hi Kim, I had gallbladder surgery about ten years ago. Afterwords, there was a very definite 'hole' where my gallbladder had been. After a while I developed a hiatal hernia in that exact spot the size of a tennis ball. I would have thought the doctors could have done something (close the hole) but I am absolute sure the hernia was a result of the surgery.

how freaky i found you!!

I HAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED OVER 25 YEARS AGO (THE OLD FASHIONED WAY) I THINK I HAVE DEVELOPED A HERNIA( OVER THE YEARS) AT THE SIGHT OF THE SURGERY BECAUSE IF I BEND OR STRAIN, OR EVEN COUGH WITH FORCE I AM IN SEVERE PAIN AND FEEL PULLING ..I HAVE TO PUSH DOWN GENTLY AT THE SIGHT OF THE PAIN AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH. EVENTUALLY IT WILL SUBSIDE. IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS GOING TO POP OUT. IS THIS A HERNIA? IT IS SOMETHING I CAN LIVE WITH? THANKS

Did you have a hernia because this is my EXACT pain?