I am a female and had open tension (stictches only pulling my muscle together) surgery for a right side inguinal hernia. It has now been 3 weeks and 3 days and i have a bit of inflammation right about above my cut....It is about 2 - 2.5 inches long and half and inch in width. It is tender to the touch and only to the touch, it is also hard. I am just afraid that it could be a hernia or if the scar tissue has pinched a nerve or maybe it is normal...which i am hoping for. I went to the doctor on day ten to ask him about it and he seemed to blow it off as scar tissue and told me to go see him in 5 - 6 weeks...but is it suppose to be sensitive???

Hey guys this was my question i just finally logged in or signed up...either way if you could help me out with this it would be awesome...i had already asked the question in another thread but nobody said anything....so help would be awesome ... Thank :-)

it's going to be sensitive for a while. i had a left inguinal hernia repair in mid december of 2009 and by end of january it stopped being sensitive. it's because the scar tissue is healing and the process is continuing. if you still have pain after 6 wks go see a doctor, cause it could be nerve damage (that's what i have)

Same here. I had an inguinal mesh repair done on my right sid. I hand pangs but after 6 months the scar tissue entrapped my nerves. Doc said a nerve transection would fix it. Not only did the second surgery not fix the pain, but I woke up with new pain in my torso, thigh, and groin. After three years it's not much better, but one the bright side I don't have a hernia.