Had surgery in November and have had chronic nausea and vomiting since then. Today is March 25, 2007. Lost 40 lbs. Now down to 100 lbs. 72 years old female. Early on doctors discovered bacterial infection in stomach, ulcer and hyetal (sp?) hernia. Ulcer now healed and bacterial infection cleared up. Still nauseated and vomiting. Ran CAT scan and colonostopy. Tests okay. Now what? Please help!

I'm going through the same thing, I'm 25 though. Had gallbladder removed, and have been nauseated since, dont eat as much and i'm loosing weight. I cant afford to loose any more. I have no idea what to do

Hey Tammy. I had my gallbladder taken out in Dec of 07. Within a month or two, the nausea returned. I had this test done under general anesthesia similar to an EGD, but they measured the pressure at my sphincter of oddi. Turns out, my pressure was high and they cut that sphincter to relieve the pressure and put a stint in my pancreas to reduce the risk of pancreantits. It really helped. I cannot remember what the exact procedure is called but your gastroenterologist should know. Hope it helps.

Hi Tammy----are you still on the forum?

are you still experiencing the nausea? I had mine out 3 months ago and still have a lot of nausea? What did you do to clear it up?