I am post gallbladder surgery by almost 4 months (Dec.5)---i feel better some days but still suffer with a lot of nausea. I am currently having bad nausea and am losing weight again because I can't eat. I drink a protein shake and try to eat but it is hard to force myself when I am so nauseated. I have had so many tests---CTscan of abdomen, ultrasound of abdomen, colonoscopy, endoscopy, HIDA scan, small bowel study. x-rays, MRI of thoracic spine...I am frustrated and afraid because some days I just feel terrible.Has anyone experienced this and gotten over it? What did you do? I currently take Carafate, Protonix and xanax to sleep---sometimes Phenergan for the nausea... I have communicated with DannyJ from this forum who said it took him almost a year to get better---has anyone else gotten better sooner...Should I have more testing?

My father has had same symptoms after removing sludge from the pancreas. The doctors said to be on a strict diet, but that doesn't even help. He also feels nauseas and no appetite throughout the day. Docotors also said it will take time to heal.

It has taken time for me---I am much much better but I had a stomach emptying test which showed I have slow stomach emptying--I am now on meds which have really helped ---I was so nauseaous I literally lost 18 pounds and I was thin before all this happened so I looked like a skeleton...I now take protonix, erythromycin, zantac, digestive enzymes and vitamin D....It takes time---how long has it been since he had his gallbladder out?

I am having the same symptoms and am afraid to have my knees replaced because of these symptoms. I cancelled my knee replacement surgery when I needed gallbladder surgery.

hi my name is john I would like to talk to you about your illness I to have the same symtons

I had acute pancreatitis three weks ago. Rushed to hospital in the Florida Keys and then transferred to South Miami Hospital for an ERCP in which they found stone as big as 11mm stuck in my bile duct. They removed the stones and filled me up with 30 pounds of water to protect my pancrease. After another full week they removed my gallbladder and finally sent me home. I ended up back in the hospital a few days later feeling sick and in pain. Was told it takes time as the surgery (no matter how small the incisions) is a MAJOR surgery accompanied by lingering pancreatits. My last three days in the hospital was due to a flare up of pancreatitis and they pumped me full of painkillers and 4 types of antibiotics to make me better. I'm now home and ate eveything in sight yesterday and felt like c**p this morning :-) This is going to a long process to get better. We all have to hang in there and realize that just because the gallbladder pain is gone, the process of learning of what to eat, how much of it and when - is going to be a long process of learning. I almost died twice in two weeks from the gallbladder and near sepsis condition I was in and while I'm not 100%, I'll get there eventually.