My wife just had a baby 5 weeks ago, after the c-section she was nauseated and throwing up, which hurts the fresh wound area like hell. After weeks of this and doctors telling her it was an "alias", she spent 2 different weeks in the hospital for testing and being treated for severe dehydration. They did ultrasounds, CT's and founf nothing. Kept medicating her with BS stuff and it was just a band-aid on the unknown problem.
After this she saw a GI doc and he did an upper and lower GI and found gastritis. Medicated her for that. Still didn't help.
During the 2nd hospital stay they did CT's, ultrasounds and finally some sort of nuclear scan that found her gallbladder was working at 2%. So out comes the gallbladder just 5 weeks after a c-section and she is now home. It's been 5 days since the gallbladder removal and she is just bed ridden, nauseous and with yellow diarrhea. She is taking prevacid, phenegrin, antibiotics for bacterial infection (just in case), and she still feels like total c**p. My poor wife has not even been able to enjoy her new son cause of all this.

Does anyone have anything that will help with the nausea???? Meds, chinese medicine, acupuncture, ANYTHING!? I hate to see her like this.
We've seen 3 or 4 docs and they all say the same, which isn't saying much really.

Please help.

Thanks.

forgot to add that she is now depressed from 5 weeks of throwing up, diarrhea, nausea and feeling like c**p, sitting inside a dark room in a bed trying to sleep it off. So her doc now has her on zoloft (i think it's zoloft) to help with depression. uff.

I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago and am slowly feeling better. Doctor said may be due to Bile reflux and prescribed protonix a week after sugery which seems to help. I am still nauseous early morning that can last a few hours and have trouble sleeping throught the night. I was also prescribed Zofran for nausea that did not seem to help. Hang in there!

I realise this was 2 years ago, but did you end up finding out what it was?

well?

please write back if you are still on the forum---I have the nausea too and am 3 weeks 3 days post op----did yours eventually go away?