I had my gallbladder out a year ago and I continue to experience the pain in my sternum (center of chest) periodically. Especially after I eat (not just acid-type foods - sometimes cheese, oats, etc). Its the same painI had prior to having my gallbladder out. Any ideas?

I've only had my gall bladder removed for a week but went to the hospital for the same pain you describe (pain below sternum area). If you did not have an endoscopy performed, it is possible you have an ulcer. If you have had an endoscopy and all things are fine, then it is possible you have what is known as Sphinter of Oddi dysfuntion....something I'm looking at myself.

For me, it is too soon to tell whether I'm just experiencing regular digestive problems as a result of a gall bladder removal, but time will tell.

Anyway, you can search on that...

hi i had my gallbladder out last june and i am continuously burping,constant diarrhea and on and off pain and swollen feeling in the top left side on the sternum and also get palpitations and shortness of breath is this due to having gallbladder removed