after 6 weeks from majot gall bladder removal,still have contant nausea and dareahaa as well as lost 20 lbs and cant eat a thing
on phenergin ,zofran etc

just two weeks after gall bladder removal (had to pay privately) and still feeling sick with gas pain. How long will nausea last? What causes this and anyone else have three wounds not just one by the belly button?

I'm 5 weeks postop from gallbladder removal due to stones. I'm still having bouts of nausea and have lost more than 20 lbs. I am also suffering with severe reflux and I wake up with a backache. I am currently taking nexium and it has helped but not completely. I am seeing a gastro doctor and will be having a scan of my stomach, liver and pelvis just to be sure nothing else is going on. I've been checking other blogs and a lot of people seem to have symptoms after having their gallbladder removed.

I too am having problems, my doctor said count on nausea on and off for 3-6 months following surgery. I had mine 4 months ago. Have good days, then really bad days...

Hey I feel your pain, I can eat however, most anything...

Hi i had my gall bladder out 5 weeks ago and i have 4 wounds that are healed nicely, but just started feeling sick and the runs, dont know wether i might have food poisioning and have done a pregnancy test and im not preggers thank god!! Going to the docs tomoz to find out whats wrong with me, good luck jenny x

hey evryone i got my gallbladder taken out 5 days ago and i have ongoin nausea does anyone else have this? email me if u do its so annoying im supposed to feel better but im just so nausea and i cant eat anything ive lost so mcuh weight already. thanks guys email me with u guys think

I had my gallbladder removed three weeks ago and I'm feeling back to normal. I had my surgery on a Thursday and couldn't eat anything until the following Monday. I had extreme pain in my right shoulder caused by the gas and I wasn't able to get out of bed. I have 4 incisions, one in my belly button, one below my sternum and the other 2 on the right side of my abdomen. The incision below the sternum was the most bothersome to me, I had originally thought it was infected but was told it is normal for it to ache up to 3 weeks.

I also suffer from acid reflux but the nexium helps that. Has anyone heard the theory that Tums can cause gallstones? I was taking Tums for 2 years before I was prescribed medication for my heartburn. Only when I started having gallbladder attacks did my doctor prescribe Nexium.

Overall, three weeks later I'm feeling fully recovered and back to my normal diet, even the bad stuff I shouldn't be eating. Just a warning though that fatty, hard to digest foods cause diarrhea. For me anyways.

I had my gallbladder out 20 years ago. I had an incision 1 foot long. I did have a lot of gas for about 3 weeks after, but no nausea. However, I did have diarrhea for about 2 years or more after, until I stopped eating wheat. Then the diarrhea went away completely. Now if I eat wheat, it comes back. Turns out I was allergic to wheat. I also eliminated milk, and that helped a lot too. Only drink milk in tea or coffee now, and that is okay. I am surprised at all the reports of nausea though. That is strange I think.

i recently had my gallbladder removed and had continuing nausea and vomitting. my doctors tried the phenergan/zofran thing but it was no help. they thought maybe acid reflux but those meds werent helpful either. turns out many people get bile reflux after this surgery. most doctors dont think of this initially and this requires a different medication than acid reflux. i feel much better now!!

I had five incisions (one included a drain). I had acute gallbladder disease and a very large stone. It's been three weeks, and I still get twinges of pain that radiate from my right side (by the drain scar) up to my right shoulder. I'm hoping it's just part of the healing process. My appetite hasn't come back yet. For the runs, I've been taking 'Culturelle' to regulate the intestinal flora, and it's been working. I'm also trying to stick to a low fat diet.

I have the same radiating pain in my right side in the same place? I am going back to surgeon and doctor tomorrow to talk to them and get there opinion as the pain is a little distressing at times.

I too am having pains. I was doing fine about a week after surgery and then bam I have pain above my bellybutton to the right that is so severe sometimes i feel like crying. very hypersensistive to the touch also! would this be gas maybe? I had it for 3 days, then it went away, came back for a week and I called the surgeon for my 4 week checkup to be moved up. I called on a monday, and by thursday when i saw him my stomach didn't hurt! he felf and said no hernia, looked good and if pain was still there in 6 weeks to call and he'd get a cat scan of it, other wise he thinks its just scar tissue......well of course today (saturday) it hurts like hell again......is this gas or muscle spasms and scar tissue?

I was so glad to find this website! I had emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder 3 weeks ago. I still have nausea, diarrhea and extreme stomach pain. I'm on a low fat diet and barely eat anything. My doctor told me to eat high fiber, but that seems to make it worse. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am also very grateful to find this site. Surgery was five days ago. I have four incisions and my discomort from that is totally manageable but the ongoing nausea and lightheadedness are worrisome. I had extreme vomiting from anesthesia that finally stopped post op, but ongoing moderate nausea and dizzyness ever since. Saltines taste good and help temporarily. Hoping it's still anesthesia working out of my body? Also headaches from neck and shoulder stiffness. Tyring to walk everyday but the nausea takes over. Any suggestions? (No acid reflux so far).

Hello all! I had my gallbladder removed January 31, 08 and I've felt worse than ever. I go through some pain-free periods (don't last long at all) and then weeks of never ending pain!! I have been to the doctor many times, been for an upper GI and a colonoscophy and both came up negative for anything. I still have constant nausea, diaherrea, and vomiting. The other day I kept vomiting up yellowish colored stuff that tasted like acid or bile and couldn't keep anything down. I constantly have pains in my upper abdomen and sometimes (mostly in the mornings) I have "attacks" that feel like someone is ripping my stomach and punching it from the inside. I'm thinking maybe I should go back to the doctor but everytime I do they never give me anything or diagnose me with anything. PLEASE HELP ME! I feel like giving up, I'm in constant pain and I feel like everyone around me is sick of me complaining about it and I'm always in an ill mood because I hurt so bad and I feel like doing nothing besides sitting around all day. It's interfering with my entire life! THANKS FOR LISTENING and if anyone has any advice I would love to hear from you!