I had my gallbladder removed 13 days ago and apart from the after effects of the anaesthetic (tiredness, nausea, emotional outbursts and generally feeling unwell!) everything seems to have gone ok although I do tend to suffer with constipation as opposed to the chronic diarrhea that alot of people seem to get however this seems controllable if I try to include lots of fruit and veg in my diet and up my fluid intake during the day. But 2 days ago I started getting palpitations and feelings of breathlessness, these sensations can last a while, also for the first few days after my op I suffered with what can only be described as involuntary sighing ( a suddon random gasp/intake of air) it sounds bizarre but I wondered if any one else has experienced these syptoms after their gall bladder was removed ?

Funny that you should mention that, but I too have that same symptom and didn't know why. I had my gall bladder out just 5 weeks ago and am still recuperating with pain in my right upper ab or liver area and this deep breath sighing that just happens out of no where. Going back to my surgeon next week for follow up and will ask him if this is normal after this surgery.

Yea that is the only side effect i have had i am now 13 days post op. the only big issues i have had is the light headedness and a deffinate problem with heat and nausea. The hardest thing i have had to do is to try to keep hydrated.

Now i called the surgeon yesterday and he said that it was probly not a good idea to quit the caffine like i did pre surgery. He was happy about the smokes but says going cold turkey on both could be causing my problems.

I will update if i find out more

I have had the same symptoms for a year now and they will not go away. I have the heart palpitations and the feeling of breathlessness. I also have muscle spams so bad in the sphincter of Oddi that sometimes i curl up in the fetal posiiton on cry. I thought having my gallbladder out like i was told by all my doctors would help, nope, it only made things WORSE. i swear i feel 10 times worse now than i ever did before. I cant hardly eat anything and have no energy. I am on meds for my heart and numerous meds for my stomach. I dont know what to do or if  time is just going to heal this or not. but if your told you need your gallbladder out...research it research it and get a second opinion, i wish i had!!!

For people who have palpitations after your gallbladder removal:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

#1, I am not a doctor; I am just someone who had these issues for years.  I saw cardiologists, had panic attacks was diagnosed with anxiety disorder treated with Xanax. 

#2 How I would feel: I would almost pass out, my heart would race or skip beats.  I thought I would die when I was grocery shopping, driving etc.   After I would eat, I would really feel bad, almost passing out.  My best friend told me that I should try a digestive enzyme because it might be my gallbladder.  Plus I read in the Wall Street Journal that our gut was VERY much in charge of our entire body.

#3 So I went to Walgreens (because it was right next to Starbucks J) to see if I could find a digestive enzyme.  The first thing I saw was gas pills that were a food enzyme supplement.  The main ingredient was Alpha-Galactosidase enzyme 600GALU.  Yeah, don’t try to pronounce it.  I took one of these pills prior to every meal and it made a HUGE difference!!! My palpitations are completely gone.  No longer feeling sick.

#4  Once again, I am not a doctor, only someone who has been through this.  I made a promise to God, that if it cured me I would post it everywhere.  Ask your doctor about that enzyme prior to using.   As you can see, I don’t work for any company trying to sell something because you can get that enzyme in a plethora of different medications or vitamins.  I truly just chose the cheapest generic version I found and it works wonderful!!!!!!

#5 Your not crazy!!!!  Your not having panic attacks!!!! (most likely)  Your not weak!!!!!!  You just need help in your gut! 

I hope this helps you!!

i am having exactly same symptoms as you and it is now 6 weeks since my op.

Yes.... Have the same symptoms... Please need help......Thank You Love u Lots!! For the Information!!!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use