Hi everyone. I'm a 30 year old female and I believe that I am suffering from a hyperkinetic gallbladder. Last year the symptoms started: persistent nausea, vomiting, severe RUQ pain, diarrhea, inability to tolerate fatty foods or food in general. This has been going on for over a year and a half. The first doc I saw didn't have a clue what was wrong with me and ordered a bunch of tests: X-ray, CT scan w/wo contrast, EGD, Hida scan, blood work, etc. All the tests came back negative or unremarkable. After doc #1 proved to be disinterested and implied that this is something just in my head, I moved on to other doc that discovered I had H.Pylori. After a brutal series of antibiotics, I had some relief but it was short term. Doc #2 diagnosed me with Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome which kind of explained the nausea and vomiting but didn't explain other symptoms. I moved out of the area and I now live in the Philadelphia area. I found a great GI here named Dr.Jenifer Lerher. Her original diagnosis was POTS or Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome but again this didn't explain the pain I've been experiencing. Last week I had to take myself to the ER because the pain was so severe that it hurt to breathe. Per usual, I got tons of tests done but no abnormal test results with the exception of my liver functioning. The ER doc told me that I now have a fatty liver and my liver is 18.5cm (normal range is 6cm-12cm). I just had a HIDA scan and my ejection fraction rate is 84%. Last year it was 79%. My new doc suspects I could also have Sphincter of Oddi but she wants to do another CT with contrast and a stool sample before doing an ECRP to test for Sphinter of Oddi. I'm currently on a one month unpaid leave from my job since I am unable to work and I have not had my job long enough to qualify for short term disability. I've altered my diet from a low carb to low fat diet but I'm losing weight too quickly and that certainly won't help my GB. I'm tired of hearing that my ejection fraction rate is normal or that there's nothing wrong with me. I have a pretty extensive family history of gallbladder disease, unfortunately all of the family members that had their GB removed has under active GB. I am really weak (i get winded going upstairs),nauseous all the time, vomit daily, everything I eat bothers me, i am in constant pain and can't get comfortable due to the discomfort, and I'm starting to lose hope. I'm getting so sad and frustrated that I often wish for death even though I have no desire to take my own life....I can't live like this for much longer but I just don't see a way out of this. Has anyone experienced symptoms and test results like this? How did you find a GI or surgeon to take you seriously? Have you tried or found anything that has given you relief? Has anyone found a GI doc or surgeon that recognizes overactive GB as a condition? Please help!

I had a hida scan with ejection fraction of 98%. I also was told it was normal. Did you ever get your gallbladder taken out and if so did your symptoms resolve? I've now had pots and ruq pain for 2 1/2 years. I'm hoping there is a solution.