I'm a 19 year old singer in a rock band/ sophomore theatre major at a state university and starting last year I started losing my voice practically every other week. I have had vocal training with a professional voice teacher as well as choir directors, and I do not scream.

I do not smoke
I do not drink
I take allergy medication in the form of prescription nasal spray.
I went to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialist in my area and he told me my vocal chords were structurally healthy.

I do indulge in sodas pretty frequently, and I could feasibly drink more water, but I find it hard to believe that my vocal chords are just naturally more vulnerable than the other singers I hang out with. They all do worse things with their voices and come out fine from it. The other singer in my band has never lost his voice to the extreme degree that I frequently do. It's driving me crazy, I am a songwriter and when I can't sing I have no means of venting my frustration. It's a vicious cycle and I'm begging for any help that can be supplied.

maybe you should start drinking even more water. it's just a thought sorry if it doesn't work. :)

Try drinking hot green tea. A little apple cider vinegar in water daily. Eat healthy. Sleep at least eight hours at night. Rest when you can. Some stretching exercises in morning. I am a Singer/Songwriter.