Hi

I'm really gettin annoyed with my throat lately. About 2 weeks ago I had this mild burning sensation on the right side of my throat, starting from the tonsil area to just above my voice box. I thought it would go by itself but it didnt. I went to my Doctor who said there was no infection at all and said it should subside. I waited a few days and still no change, so I went to my local walk in centre and a nurser said it didn't look infected eiter and my tonsils were fine. She said she can only imagine that the sensation I was getting was caused by an infection as I had it for over a week. So she gave me antibiotics. 3 days after using them my throat started to feel better and the burning sensation stopped but I still had this odd feeling in my throat. That gradually went. It all cleared up! I was so happy. Until yesterday evening. I had a plate of chips and I poured some vinegar on them, 5 minutes after eating them my throat started to burn again like it did a 2 weeks before. I thought maybe the acid in the vinegar has made this happen. I still have the burning sensation and just want it to go again as my Doctor didnt really have a clue what to say! I don't think it is an infection as I normally get other symptoms. Does anyone think this could be to do the vinegar? Acid? GERD? Please help! Thanks!

I know you posted this in 2008, but I too am now suffering from the same symptoms. Have your symptoms subsided? Did you find out what it was?

I've been researching a little and found that it's possible that we may be suffering from LPR (Laryngopharygeal Reflux).

There is a Sphincter up in the area of the throat that sometimes does a poor job (as we get older) of blocking the acids. There is GERDS and there is LPR....just different areas that it affects. High fat, spicy, salty, caffine,....all lend towards making it worse.

Check with your Otalaryngologist as he can tell and provide help. Otherwise the acide can damage the surrounding tissue and your voicebox.

I have the same problem. My throat burns on the right side as well. I have had it for about six months or so. You mentioned the vocals being damaged from acid. That is what's happening to me. My voice is real whispy and crackeling. I can't sing anymore and I love to sing.
It doesn't matter what I eat. Fruit, Vegtables, Cereal, Grains, ect. I get that burning sensation all the time. I am gonna go to the Dr. for it soon, but I don't want to be put on Medication. I eat very healthy for the most part, so I just don't get it. I though maybe I am eating to fast. I tried slowing down and taking my time, no help! So far the only thing that has helped me is Pickle Juice. You can use any kind it doesn't matter. It puts the fire out within 10-15 mins. I just get a small glass about 1/4 cup. I sip on it slowly and let it sorta run down my throat slowly as to coat the tonsils. Just nice and relaxed easy swallows. I wanted to share that with you guys. Not sure if alot of people know about it. It works for along time, until I eat again of course. I take it a couple times a day. Some people try apples, but the pickle juice works better for me. Good Luck to everyone fighting the acid :-)

I keep having the same problem and I've had strep twice this year but it's just my right said this is like day #4. It's so irritating I need some answers what to do?

My throat doc said it was coming from LPR and to see a gastroentrologist. The pickle juice really works! A gargle and a couple of sips worked immediately.

Hi, its allergy .Antibiotics will not help .Take an antihistamine. Only thing that works for me and I have this problem , can only use real lemon on salads etcNO VINEGAR.Hope this helps somewhat.

Baking soda is alkaline the opposite of acid, try some with water to neutralize the acid in your body

I know you posted this quite some time ago. I have the same problem right side of my throat burns when I swallow and my voice cracks ,mucous builds up in my throat when I sing all the time. I try to clear my throat in without it being noticed while singing. But Yes the pickle juice works for me as well. I think I am going to do a liquid diet for awhile. Stay away from tobacco and alcohol that's a no no. I took a lot a things for granted now my vocals will never be the sam. Good Luck

I'm suffering from problems.has anyone got fully treated yet? Plz reply what is the best way get better plz help pupil.

The original post is my EXACT experience including what one person said about not being able to sing anymore and another who said antihistamine helps. It’s been 4 years and it hasn’t went away. It’s miserable! Has anyone found a doctor or remedy that fixed them yet??? Please let me know!!

Hello- I have been suffering identical symptoms as Post 1 as well for a year now. I have been to so many doctors including 2 differen ENTs for a total of 3 visits, 1 Gastroentologist who performed an Upper GI, my dentist thinking maybe it was a hidden tooth infection and an endoconist (root canal specialist). An endicrinologist to double check my thyroid. All with no answers. They performed an MRI on my throat only to find nothing. No signs of acid reflux except for the lower third of the esophogus which certainly wouldn't explain my throat. I have not tried antihistamines but I will now. I have an autoimmune of the thyroid (Hashimotos) and am suspicious about a potential mold problem at home. Any similarities with anyone else?

Hi, I find some similarity here. I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos during a general physical examination in October 2017 and I am on levothyroxine 75mcg. They also checked for thyroid nodules and blood flow 2017 October using ultrasound and did not find anything suspicious. However, in late December ( 28- 31st) 2017, we went on a vacation and took an open boat ride on a very cold winter morning where I almost froze. That gave me a sore throat (burning/itching) accompanied by a hacking cough and thick green sputum that prevented me from sleeping for 3 days. It all went away but I could feel some remaining sputum still inside. After 3 weeks of this, I again have the same burning/itching throat near my tonsils and dry very infrequent cough. This is now the 5th day and I am getting worried too. I have a history of tonsillitis problems but this burning/itching sensation is a new addition, and would soon go to see my primary care physician.

I have the same problems AND I also have mold problems in my home. I'm in the process of having my cavity wall insulation taken out because of it. It hurts to even breath. I'm also having tests to try and work out what's causing my problems.