Hello. I have these red/orange/pink bumps on the back of my throat and they descend down into my throat. My throat seems very swollen. If i tilt my head back, I can feel something in there. These colored lumps are not that big, the size of a zit almost. It puts a lot of strain on my vocal cords and when I sing (I am a singer). This has never happened before. I started taking Zyrtec, but it has not gone away. It has been there for a week now. My guess is tonsillitis, strep, or cancer, although it might not be. Please help me out because it hurts and I can feel them when i speak and sing.

Hello there,

Since you are singer and I believe that your voice is of a great value to you I think it would be wise to see your doctor. He will probably examine you and sent you to the ENT doctor who is medical expert for ear, throat and nose. He will determine the right diagnosis and probably present you several treatment options.

My guess would be that you have infection of the throat and swollen tonsils and since you live from your voice that is not good news. I presume that you have some rituals for your throat so it is probably best solution to continue with them until you get examined by the ENT doctor. Keep us posted and good luck. 

I agree. I was a singer as well when I was in school choir and I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. But I was negligent about my health - always. I remember this day when I started to feel something in my throat. 

Felling bump in my throat  was a new thing for me, so I didn't pay attention to it until it really started to hurt me and I was not able to eat.

Anyway, it destroyed my voice totally and I totally needed to avoid to sing.

Do something before it is too late.