How long afer having a tonsillectomy can i sing? many thanks angela x x x

I am wondering the very same thing angela and no reply, im pre op due for mine tommorow!! xx[/list]

I am 23 years old and just had my tonsillectomy 6 days ago. I found that on day 3 if I started singing it helped loosen the tightening of the muscles. It seemed to be good therapy just don't sing to loudly that you strain the sore muscles in your throat.

I had my tonsils out three weeks ago, and I'm singing comfortably now though not with as much abduction as before because my throat is still a little sore. My brother told me it feels a little different for about a month, with such a difference in the space. I think if you're aware of how your throat feels it's up to you, but if you push it healing will take longer. I didn't even speak for a week after my surgery. 

Hi there,
You have to understand that tonsillectomy is not too simple procedure. Your recovery depends on many factors and it can even last up to four weeks. You will need to take good care of your wound and there is no chance that you will be able to sing in first couple of weeks. There is always a chance that your vocal cords might be injured so you can’t put them to pressure in any way. You should try to eat a lot of ice cream. Also soft diet is obligatory in first week because everything else will hurt a lot. Have you already had this procedure or are you planning to have it soon?
All the best,
Danella

Just sayin' - the word is not "ABDUCTION" which means to take someone away - the proper word is ADDUCTION which means the correct fluttering of the vocal cords...nonetheless, thank you for your comments...