Hi! My son has CIDP. His condition affect on our family. Please tell me basic information about this disease. What kind of disease is CIDP?

Hi! Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) is a neurological disorder characterized by slowly progressive weakness and a loss of sensation in the legs and arms. CIDP is more common in young adults, and it affects men more than women. The course of CIDP varies widely among individuals. Some may have a bout of CIDP followed by spontaneous recovery, while others may have many bouts with partial recovery in between relapses. Therapy can include corticosteroids, Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) Plasmapheresis Physiotherapy (exercise and massage). Not all treatments and therapies may be indicated. I hope that you are satisfied with information, and that your son will be better.