My daughter-in-law was recently diagnosised with this dreadful dease. She is doing better, walking on her own now but still isn't good. Can this come back?

As best I know, it doesn't typically affect a person a second time. Here's some information I found for you.

Most of the time recovery starts after 4th week from the onset of the disorder. Approximately 80% of patients have a complete recovery within a few months to a year, although minor findings may persist, such as areflexia. About 5–10% recover with severe disability, with most of such cases involving severe proximal motor and sensory axonal damage with inability of axonal regeneration. However, this is a grave disorder and despite all improvements in treatment and supportive care, the death rate among patients with this disorder is still about 2–3% even in the best intensive care units. Worldwide, the death rate runs slightly higher (4%), mostly from a lack of availability of life support equipment during the lengthy plateau lasting 4 to 6 weeks, and in some cases up to 1 year, when a ventilator is needed in the worst cases. About 5–10% of patients have one or more late relapses, in which case they are then classified as having chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP).

Case reports do exist of rapid patient recovery.

Does that help? Looks like it's only a 1 in 10 chance of having a relapse.