What exactly was done to circumsized female? I met a girl at my school recently, she is from Pakistan and she told us that was circumsized when was 10. I know nothing about female circumcision; only have heard for circumcised penises. Please if you can tell me something about this. What is done to a girl during this circumcision?

It is also called ‘female cutting’ and is performed in Africa and Middle East. It is traditional practice and involves partial cutting away of external genitals of girls from 4 to 12 years. It is performed by traditional practitioners, under unhealthy and non hygienic conditions, with a risk of infection, bleeding and even death. It is still known as good tradition in some societies. When the girl gets married, her husband would open her genitalia again before sexual intercourse. This practice causes disappearance of sexual pleasure in women. This tradition is considered as violation against women’s human rights. You can find more things to read about female circumcision in many books, and carefully pick the words if you would want to talk about this with your Pakistan friend.

This is not hard to believe. In some religions it is actually practiced to remove the pleasure organs right after the female is born. That way they aren't likely to cheat on thier husbands.

Hi Madelon and welcome.

I'm glad you asked about this. It's one of my pet peeves. It is so horrible even the UN is against it and is trying to eradicate it.

Be very careful what you say to her about it because most victims have been taught it is a vital part of their religion, similar to male circumcision. At best it would compare to cutting off the head of a boys penis and at worst the complete removal of the penis. I can't think of any description other than the extreme torture of girls for the twisted pleasure of the onlookers and participants.

They call it circumcision to hide the brutality of it. True circumcision would simply be cutting the skin (prepuce) covering the clitoris to make it more accessible for the pleasure of the woman. This has nothing to do with the pleasure of the woman unless you consider removing your most sensitive pleasure organ a plus.

If you are really curious about what they did to her you may be able to get her to tell you because you don't know what it is. But be careful not to offend her, she's been psychologically and physically damaged enough already.

There are basically four types of FGM (Female Genital Mutilation).
Here is what I have gleened from internet sights.
If you Google FGM you can find some good graphics and pictures of the results, but you need a strong stomach to look at them.

Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
"in Egypt, Sudan, Somalia, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Mauritania etc.
FGM is carried out with knives, scissors, scalpels, pieces of glass or razor blades. Anaesthetic and antiseptics are not generally used."

"Type I FGM, involves excision of the skin surrounding the clitoris with or without excision of part or all of the clitoris. When this procedure is performed in infants and young girls, a portion of or all of the clitoris and surrounding tissues may be removed."

Let me describe the clitoris for you, as what you see isn't what you get. It is shaped about like a tooth with long nerve roots and is about as long as a penis, in total. What we commonly call the clit or love button is just the very tiny tip of the whole structure which is sometimes exposed. On some women such as my wife, it can't even be found. I can't see or feel hers but I know where to rub to give her pleasure. Sometimes I think I can feel something like grain of sand under the skin but I can never reliably hit on it with a single finger so I usually use several fingers flat against her.

Sometimes they cut only that visible tip and sometimes they cut wider and deeper and pull out the whole thing like the roots of a tooth. With nothing to kill the pain. Their anesthesia is grown men and/or women holding the girl down with her legs spread for the convenience of her torturer.

To continue:

"Type II FGM, referred to as excision, is the removal of the entire clitoris and part or all of the labia minora. Crude stitches of catgut or thorns may be used to control bleeding from the clitoral artery and raw tissue surfaces, or mud poultices may be applied directly to the perineum. Patients with Type II FGM do not have the typical contour of the anterior perineal structures resulting from the absence of the labia minora and clitoris. The vaginal opening is not covered in the Type II procedure."

Now for the grand finale:

"Type III FGM, known as infibulation, is the most severe form in which the entire clitoris and some or all of the labia minora are excised, and incisions are made in the labia majora to create raw surfaces. The labial raw surfaces are stitched together to cover the urethra and vaginal introitus, leaving a small posterior opening for urinary and menstrual flow. In Type III FGM, the patient will have a firm band of tissue replacing the labia and obliteration of the urethra and vaginal openings."

"Type IV includes different practices of variable severity including pricking, piercing or incision of the clitoris and/or labia; stretching of the clitoris and/or labia; cauterization of the clitoris; and scraping or introduction of corrosive substances into the vagina."

So those are the descriptions of this attrocious act of brutality.
I hope I didn't gross you out too much, but I feel it should be well publicized so it can be eradicated. :-(