I'm a 32 years old woman. When i was 8, I had fgm performed on me but it was a very mild one. I wanted to know how severe it was, so I went to a few doctors. One has said that my clitoris is there but the vulva gland was removed which made no sense to me at all. It does feel nice when stimulated but I have no idea whether or not I have a clitoris. To describe it, here it is: Pubic bone, below it is the hood. When I pull back the hood and the labia minora, I can see what looks like a parted bit and above it is tiny ball the size of 1 mm. Below that tiny ball, the two parted bits turn into one red bit when retracted, or go back to being parted when in normal position. Do I have a clitoris? Also, during intercourse, ut doesn't get stimulated at all and i am not sure uf its because the clitoris is so high up or cause of not having one. Thanks everyone

It sounds like you still have a clitois, google "vulva images" and click on images at the top. You could also google large labia productions.

It is a good idea to register on steadyheath.

I can't give you a solid yes or no answer.
However I feel great sympathy for women and men that are circumcised against their wishes or deceived into having a circ. I have put a lot of time into researching and learning about this matter. It is a controversial topic among medical providers of today and those of 20 years or longer ago.
I hope the knowledge I will share can be of use and benefit to you. Through my study and researching I have learned that many of us women, who had been circumcised at a young age, go through many doctor visits without ever being told of their true situation. One rarely hears a woman say that her first doctor to see her genitalia told her the fact she was circ'd, but rather after many visits and many doctors later,... the truth finally comes to her. She is shocked, horrified, and humiliated! She struggles with the truth... Why was this done to her body at a young and helpless age? Why had nobody ever told her until now? The best answer most of the women are given is as long as you didn't know and were not asking why then it is, by medical provider's protocals, decided that you are better off not knowing rather than going through all the anguish and frustration that comes with being informed you were circumcised when there is still no "fix" for it anyway.
Your "awareness" that a circumcision (or something) was done at 8 is both a blessing and a heartache. I hope that no harm ever actually did come upon you (perhaps somehow you were told in error). But if so, be comforted by knowing their are thousands of women in the same shoes and they are supporting you. I wonder if you were told any excuses or vague reasons since then?
Besides that one that you mentioned, what have your other Drs said?

A book which is a powerful read is: The Rape of Innocence: female genital mutilation and circumcision in the USA [Patricia Robinett ] . In her life Patrica has done very much to help others and she inspires me greatly.
I hope this helps and thanks for sharing.